How Do I Transfer My Photos, Music from Old iPhone to New iPad Air?
I have recently bought a new iPad Air and I would like to know how I can transfer all my data (photos, contacts, notes etc.) from my iPhone 4 to my iPad Air.
You would need to transfer data from your old iPhone to new iPad if you want to retire your old generation iPhone, or you want to enjoy the same songs on your iPad Air. Whatever the reason is, you could just read on to find out how to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPad Air or iPad Mini 2.
How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to iPad Air/Mini 2 (Retina Display iPad Mini)
iPhone 5 Transfer is a versatile iTunes companion, allowing to manage all data on your iPhone, iPad and iPod. With it, you can transfer music, text messages, photos, iBooks, etc. to your iOS devices, PC and iTunes effortlessly.
1) After downloading this iAny Transfer to your computer, you should run it by double-clicking the icon on your PC desktop. Then connect iPhone with your computer via the USB cable.
2) When the transfer detects your iPhone successfully, you can preview all data on your iPhone on the left-side column, including music, videos, playlists, photos, contacts, and SMS.
3) You can then choose a specific type of file to transfer to computer first. Take music for example. Head to Media > Music. Then select songs that you want to transfer. When you finish, click the little inverted triangle under the button "Export to" and choose a save path to save the exported files on your computer.
Step 2: Import Data from PC to iPad Air or iPad Mini Retina Display
1) This time you need to disconnect your iPhone and connect your iPad Air or iPad Mini 2 to PC, and again run iPhone 5 Transfer. When the computer recognizes your iPad, you can click on "Add" on top of the main interface.
2) This will bring up a folder for you to select files you want to add to iPad. You need to add the files you just exported to PC back to iPad.
3) When you've finished with the file adding process, click on "Refresh" to make all the changes sync with your iPad Air or iPad Mini Retina display.
Besides transferring iOS data from one device to another, there's more iAny Transfer can do for you. For instance, if iTunes can't backup iPhone, you can use it to backup iPhone to iTunes or PC.