Top 4 Free Methods to Transfer Photos from iPhone 6/6 plus/5s/5c/5 to Mac
Got photos on your iPhone that you want to move onto your Mac? There are several ways to do so, and we take you through each of them in our step-by-step article on how to move Voice Memos from iPhone to Mac.
Method 1: Easiest Way to Transfer Photos from iPhone 6/6 plus/5s/5c to Mac
If you prefer easier and simper, iPhone Care Pro for Mac is your smart option which offers the fullest set of features: it transfers photos and additional data like music, videos, address book entries, notes, calendar, photos, bookmarks from iPhone 6/6 plus/5s/5c and previous models to Macbook Pro, Macbook Air and iMac running Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, and under. These powerful features are very valuable.
The steps of transferring iPhone photos to Mac are quite easy. Click here to see the details.
Method 2: How to Email Photos on iPhone and Receive on Mac?
Another way you can have a try is to email these photos to yourself. Please note, you can only send five by email at one time.
- Open your iPhone's Photos app.
- Choose the album containing the photos you want to send.
- Tap the button in the upper right corner that looks like a rectangle with an arrow coming out of it. This will initiate edit mode.
- Tap the photos you want to send. Tap the "Share" button.
- Choose "Email".
- Your iPhone will now compose a new email message. Up top, enter your own name or email address, tap the "Send" button.
- Check your Email on your Mac and save the received photos.
Method 3: Import iPhone Photos to Mac Using Image Capture
Your Mac will treat your iPhone as a digital camera and you can use Image Capture to transfer photos from iPhone to your Mac.
- 1. Open Image Capture from the /Applications/ directory (or through Launchpad).
- 2. Connect iPhone to the Mac through USB.
- 3. Select a folder from the menu (default is Pictures folder) and then click "Import All". Or you can select individual photos, and click "Import" to only copy those pictures.
Method 4: Transfer Photos and Videos Taken with iPhone to Mac with iPhoto
Actually, iPhoto can do you a favor to import photos and videos shot with iPhone to your iPhoto library. Please note, other photos can’t be supported. Why note turn to professional yet easier iPhone Transfer software?
- 1. Connect your iPhone with your Mac via a cable.
- 2. Run iPhoto on your Mac and find your iPhone in the left panel under DEVICES.
- 3. Choose to import selected or all photos and videos into iPhoto library.
- 4. Switch to the Last Import tab. Press Edit -> Select All and then press Edit -> Copy to copy all photos and videos you just imported from your iPhone.
- 5. Go to Finder, press Edit -> Paste XX Items and paste the imported photos and videos to your Mac hard drive.