When you get a new iPhone 8/8 Plus, and want to import music from iPhone to iPhone, this article here introduced three quick and simple ways to help you transfer music from old iPhone 7/7Plus/6s/6/5s/5 to new iPhone 8.
Way 1: Transfer music from old iPhone to new iPhone 8/8 Plus via iTunes
This way contains two big steps, one is to make a backup of your previous iOS device via iTunes and the other is to restore the backup to your new iPhone 8/8 Plus.
1. Make a backup of your previous iOS device via iTunes. Connect your old device to your computer. Open iTunes on your computer and select your device. Click Back Up Now.
2. Restore the backup to your new iPhone 8/8 Plus. Connect your new iPhone to the same computer. Open iTunes on your computer and select your device. Select Restore Backup and make sure that you choose the correct backup.
Note: If you have important data on the new iPhone 8/8 Plus and want to save them, please back up the data on the new iPhone 8/ 8 Plus before restoring the new device with the backup from the old one as the restore will erase all the data on the new phone and become unrecoverable.
Way 2: Sync music from old iPhone to new iPhone 8/8 Plus with Airdrop
Airdrop is a tool on the phone to share your music, photos, videos, locations, and more with other Apple devices nearby.
Here are the detailed operation steps.
1. Launch Control Center by swiping up from the bottom bezel of your iPhone, turn on Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and then AirDrop on both iPhones.
2. You have three options Receiving Off, Contacts Only, and Everyone. Please note you should choose Everyone so that all nearby iOS devices using AirDrop can see your device.
3. Open Music app, tap Songs and click Share icon.
4. Tap on More (…) icon at the bottom of the iPhone screen, select Share Song.
5. Click the iPhone icon that is the person you want to copy songs to.
On the new iPhone, you’ll see an alert, tap Accept to copy songs from iPhone to iPhone 8/8 Plus.
Note: AirDrop can just copy the songs one by one from old iPhone to iPhone 8/8 Plus. Therefore, it may take quite a long time to transfer a lot of music between the two devices. Please put both iPhones in good Wi-Fi network connection if possible.
Way 3: Import music from old iPhone to new iPhone 8/8 Plus by using Tenorshare iCareFone
Want to get the music from the old iPhone and keep the current data on the new iPhone at the same time or you want to transfer a large quantity of music files from old iPhone to new iPhone 8/8 Plus in a short time? The simplest way to do it just a flick of your finger by using Tenorshare iCareFone to import music from old iPhone to new iPhone 8/8 Plus without any restrictions.
1. Open the program and connect the Old iPhone to computer. Click File Manager functionality in the home interface.
2. Click “Music”, the program will load all the songs in the device.
3. Select the music you like, click "Export" and choose a path in your computer to save them.
4. Now, connect the new iPhone to the same computer and do the similar operations. Click File Manager, Music and then click “import” to import the music on the computer to your new iPhone 8/8 Plus.
If you have any further question on transferring music from old iPhone to new iPhone 8/8 Plus, or have any problem when using Tenorshare iCareFone, just feel free to contact our Support Team, usually you will get a response within 24 hours on weekdays.