Top 3 Options to Transfer Contacts from Old iPhone to New iPhone
Buy a new iPhone and need to transfer contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone? You can transfer all y our contacts or specific groups of contacts using iCloud, iTunes or other tools. None process is lengthy or complicated.
- Option 1: Transfer Contacts from Old iPhone to New iPhone with iCloud
- Option 2: Transfer Contacts from Old iPhone to New iPhone with iTunes
- Option 3: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with 1-click iAny Transfer
If you'd like to store your contacts safely in your iCloud account, here's what you need to do. Not enough with 5GB of free storage space to save your data? You can turn to an unlimited way to transfer iPhone contacts.
Firstly, before restoring data from iCloud backup, you should backup your contacts and content on your old iPhone.
- Step 1. Tap "Settings" on your old iPhone.
- Step 2. Tap "iCloud".
- Step 3. Tap "Backup".
- Step 4. Tap "Back Up Now" and wait for it to finish.
When the backup of your old device is finished, turn on your new device. Follow the setup assistant and choose these things:
- Your language and country
- Whether to enable Location Services
- A Wi-Fi network
If you've already set up your device, you can restore it so that you can go through the iOS Setup Assistant again and restore from your backup. Tap "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Erase All Content and Settings". Do this only if you already have a backup.
When you're asked to set up:
- Step 1. Choose "Restore from iCloud Backup".
- Step 2. Enter your Apple ID and password. And agree Apple's "Terms and Conditions".
- Step 3. Choose the backup of your old device and tap "Restore". Wait until the device finishes restoring from the backup.
If you insist on backing up and restoring with iTunes, you can follow these easy steps. Please note that you can't preview and selectively transfer the contacts you need to transfer. You'd better use another flexible tool to perform transferring.
- Step 1. Back up your old iPhone using iTunes.
- Step 2. Turn on your new iPhone, and choose these things:
Your language and country
Whether to enable Location Services
A Wi-Fi network
- Step 3. When prompted to set up your device, select "Restore from iTunes Backup".
- Step 4. Connect your new iPhone to iTunes, and back up your new iPhone using the same computer you used to back up your old iPhone.
- Step 5. iTunes will ask you to restore from backup or set up as new.
- Step 6. Select the backup of your old iPhone and choose "Continue".
iAny Transfer is a convenient tool for iOS users to transfer contacts, music, text messages, photos, iBooks, etc. to your iOS devices, PC and iTunes. It supports preview and selectively recovery which is more flexible and convenient. Copying contacts from iPhone to iPhone is easy as following.
- Step 1: Export Old iPhone Contacts to PC
Launch this software and then connect your old iPhone with your computer via the USB cable.
When all the files on your phone, choose "Contacts". Then select contacts that you want to transfer. When you finish, click the little inverted triangle under the button "Export to" and choose a save path to save the exported files on your computer.
- Step 2: Import Contacts from PC to New iPhone
This time you need to disconnect your iPhone and connect your new iPhone to PC, and again run iPhone contacts Transfer software. When it recognizes your iPhone, you can click on "Add" on top of the main interface.
Select contacts you want to add to iPhone. When you've finished with the file adding process, click on "Refresh" to make all the changes sync with your new iPhone.
This iPhone file transfer software lets you sync contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes and iCloud. It's easy to handle and effective.