Top 3 Free Options to Transfer iPhone 6/6 plus/5s/5c/5 Contacts to Mac
Faced with an issue when trying to sync their iPhone contacts with their Mac? If you have entered your contact information on your iPhone first and would now like to retrieve those contacts for your Mac, this post is for you. Here are 3 free options for you to transfer iPhone contacts to Mac.
Option 1: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Mac without iCloud/iTunes
iPhone Care Pro for Mac helps you transfer contacts, songs, videos, playlist, photos and other data from iPhone 6/6 plus/5s/5c/5 and previous models to Macbook Pro, Macbook Air and iMac running Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, and under. With speedy transfer and nice interface, it is highly recommended.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone with your Mac via a USB cable. And click "Trust" when "Trust this computer" message pops up in your device.
- Step 2: Select "File Manager" on the main interface.
- Step 3: Select "Contact" as your target file types.
- Step 4: Select the contacts you'd like to transfer to Mac. Click "Export to" and select a location on your Mac to save exported contacts.
Option 2: Sync your iPhone contacts from your iPhone to your Mac with iTunes
You can set up iTunes to synchronize your phone contacts with Apple's Address Book application on Mac.
- Step 1: Plug your iPhone into your computer and launch iTunes. iTunes automatically creates a backup of your iPhone (including contacts)
- Step 2: Once your iPhone is backed up, uncheck the "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected" box.
- Step 3: Under the "Info" tab, check the box next to the "Sync Contacts" item at the top.
- Step 4: Click the "Sync" button in the bottom right corner of the iTunes window.
- Step 5: iTunes will see that you are changing the contacts information for more than 5 percent of your data and ask if you would like to replace the data on the phone, replace the data on the computer, or merge all data.
Option 3: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Mac via iCloud
iCould offers you the direct way to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac. Here are the steps for how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac via iCloud.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone with Wi-Fi.
- Step 2: On your iPhone, tap Settings > go to iCloud. Sign in with your Apple ID. Find Contacts option here and switch the button for Contacts to ON (when the button turns green).
- Step 3: There are two places for you to save iPhone contacts to Mac:
Save iPhone contacts to Mac Address book: Make sure you set up iCloud on your Mac and associate your Address book with iCloud. Choose System Preferences and find iCloud. Sign in with your Apple ID. Turn on Contacts and you can see that all your iPhone contacts are transferred to your Mac. Save iPhone contacts to Mac as a vCard file: Open a web browser on your Mac and open www.icloud.com. And then sign in with your Apple ID. Click Contacts icon. Click the settings icon at the bottom left and select Export vCard.
If you like iPhone Care Pro for Mac and want to share experiences with us, let us know in the comments.