Transferring photos to computer from your iPhone is mandatory to save up storage space. I have been there myself and I know how important it is to send your photos for back up as well as saving that extra bit of storage once in a while. I have tried and tested many ways in the past and coming from experience, I have a list of all the effective methods on how to sync photos from iPhone to computer. The list is comprehensive and exhaustive. So, sit tight and let’s get started.
Way 1: Sync Photos from iPhone to PC via iTunes
First on my list is iTunes! iTunes is a well-known app among iPhone or iOS users and I know it doesn’t need an introduction. But you should know that iTunes can also be a potent way and an effective answer to your question: “how to sync pictures from iPhone to computer”. iTunes can import photos from iPhone to PC when you have both of your devices connected via USB and Wi-Fi. The main concern here is that any data that you transfer through iTunes is not readable.
So, in case you send photos, your photos won’t be accessible. But nevertheless, it is a feasible transfer option as it is used by many including me. So, keeping this in mind, let see how it works:
1. Make sure you have the latest iTunes version on PC.
2. Launch iTunes and simply plug in iPhone to your PC.
3. Now, on the main interface, find “iPhone” icon on the main menu under the devices section.
4. Now, simply tap on “Photos” located under the Settings tab
5. Simply, turn on the "Sync Photos" feature.
6. Now, it is time, to select the target folder. Tap on "Choose folder" to select folder/folders.
7. Now, select the required images you want to sync and click “Apply” to start syncing.
So, now whenever you connect your iPhone to your PC and use iTunes, your photos will be synced automatically straight to your PC.
Tip: It’s recommended that you use a single folder containing all your photos, albums, and sub-folders. This makes the whole process faster and easier for iTunes to sync.
Way 2: Sync Photos from iPhone to Mac with Airdrop
If you want to know a completely wireless mode of photo transfer from iPhone to Mac, Airdrop is a good option to go for. It is also a feasible answer to how to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac without iTunes. Airdrop simply uses Wi-Fi to share photos from one device to another, in this case, your iPhone to Mac.
So, first, to make this whole process successful, you will need Wi-Fi or a steady internet connection for the entire session as everything is dependent on it. And it is only compatible with Mac OS X Yosemite macOS High Sierra/El Capitan/macOS Sierra. Here’s how to sync photos from iPhone to PC or Mac using Airdrop:
1. Make sure that your iPhone and Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Turn on Airdrop and choose "Everyone" on your iPhone. And launch Airdrop.
3. Simply, launch the Finder on Mac and open Airdrop and enable discovery settings to "Everyone".
4. Now, on your iPhone, open Camera Roll and choose photos to Airdrop.
5. After choosing the desired photos, tap on Share and simply save to Mac.
Tip: Keep in mind, the Wi-Fi affects your transfer speeds. And don’t forget to disable Airdrop after the whole process.
Way 3: Sync Photos from iPhone to Computer with iCloud Photo Library
Alternatively, you can also use iCloud to send photos to your Mac as well as Windows PC from iPhone. This is a very conventional channel of transferring photos and this one is wireless too. iCloud basically uses its iCloud Photo Library feature to sync photos from iPhone to PC. Here’s how to use it:
1. First, you need to setup "iCloud Photo Library" on all your devices.
If you have an iPhone X/8/7/7Plus/6/6Plus/SE etc, first go to "Settings" and then to "iCloud".
Now, inside "Settings", go to "Photos" for iOS 11 devices and "Photos & Camera" for iOS 10 devices and earlier.
And enable “iCloud Photo Library” option from the list.
Now, run the program and log in to your iCloud account with the help of the Apple ID and password.
Now, navigate to the “Photos” option and tap on it!
You will find the "iCloud Photo Library" option. Enable and tap "Done".
Now, you have successfully enabled the iCloud Photo Library on both your Windows computer and iPhone. This will sync all your photos automatically between both the devices when you are connected to Wi-Fi.
On your MacBook Pro/Air, open “System Preferences”.
Now select “iCloud” and navigate to “Photos”.
Simply turn on the "iCloud Photo Library" feature here.
This will sync all your iPhone images to Mac.
2. To access iCloud photos on Windows, open “iCloud Photos” folder from Windows File Explorer. Tap on the Downloads folder and just hit on download when prompted.
3. If you are using Mac computer, open the Photos App to get all your pictures.
Tips: Keep in mind that, iCloud gives you 5GB of free storage and an option to increase storage but with added cost. So, there is a space limitation in this method as well as a need for steady internet connection while the sync happens.
Way 4: Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer with Tenorshare iCareFone
Out of all the methods above, I present you my favorite and by far the best way to import photos to your computer from iPhone. Tenorshare iCareFone is a professional transfer tool that supports both Windows and Mac. So, you can use any OS to transfer your photos in no time.
Be it any type of photos like photos from Camera Roll, Photo Stream, albums, downloads, WhatsApp images and other sources, it can fetch anything and everything.
Here is why to choose Tenorshare iCareFone as a standalone file manager and transfer software:
It is extremely easy to use thanks to a simple interface.
You can transfer all your images selectively or in bulk.
No Wi-Fi needed for transfer.
Transferred photos will be readable and easily accessible under any circumstances.
No space limitation issues unlike in iCloud and other methods.
Here’s how to use Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer:
1. First and foremost, download and install Tenorshare iCareFone software on your PC. (Windows and Mac versions available on the official website)
2. Now, and launch the software and connect both your iPhone and PC via USB.
3. You will see the main interface now. Go to “File Manager” and open it.
4. Now simply choose the "Photos" option.
5. The software will list and sort all the photos on your iPhone chronologically on your computer screen so that it is easier for you to select and find photos.
6. Now, simply choose the images you want to send over and click on the “Export” tab.
This is how to sync photos from iPhone to laptop using iCareFone.
So, here are my 4 best picks when it comes to importing photos from iPhone to Mac and Windows computer. All of these methods are effective and I used it myself. But I will recommend you to go for Tenorshare iCareFone so as to make the whole transfer easier, faster and most importantly headache free.
If you like this article, do share and comment below!!