Effective Methods to Transfer iPhone Photos to Computer
"Are there any effective ways to transfer photos from my iPhone to computer? I have already tried one but it didn’t work at all. Please help!!"
If you are looking for how to send photos from iPhone to computer and know some effective ways to get it done, you are at the right place. We have made a comprehensive list of all the things you will need to get your photos off iPhone to your computer effectively and without any hiccups. So, let’s get started.
Part 1: Common Ways to Send Photos from iPhone to Computer
If you don’t know how to send pictures from iPhone to computer and want to move photos from iPhone to computer, there are actually a number of ways to get it done. Each one of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. The options are listed below:
Way 1: Send Photos to Computer with Email
It may not cross your mind but you can Email some of your photos to your own email address and download to your computer. It is a very common way to send data easily across devices and we use it almost every day. But you have to keep two things in mind, uploads and transfer depend on your internet connection and if you have a lot of photos to transfer at one go, then this can be tough and not recommended at all. As it is not meant to do so! Thus, if you have a few images to transfer, then go for it. Here’s how to use email to transfer photos:
- 1. Open the Camera Roll on your iPhone X/8/7/7Plus/6/6Plus/SE/5 etc.
- 2. Now, choose the desired images you want to transfer.
- 3. Now, on the bottom of the screen, there is a share icon. Tap on it!
- 4. Choose “Mail” out of the many options available there.
- 5. This will open a new Email creation page.
- 6. Now, simply put your email address on the respective field and send the email.
Now, open your email on the target computer and simply download the selected images on your computer. That’s it!
Way 2: Transfer Photos with iPhone Transfer Software
If you want the most effective way to move photos from iPhone to computer, simply use the Tenorshare iCareFone software. This is a versatile utility tool designed to transfer data to your computer in no time. It has support across all OS versions including Windows and Mac.
There are valid reasons why we are recommending this stellar software for transferring photos. First of all, it is simple and user-friendly and comes with superior transfer speeds across all transfer platforms. It can work without any Wi-Fi connectivity to transfer selective and bulk photos to your computer. There will be no storage limitations unlike in iCloud and most importantly, unlike in iTunes, the photos will be readable after transfer.
Now, here’s how to use this software to transfer photos to your computer:
- 1. First, download the required Mac/Windows version on your computer.
- 2. Now, launch the software following the on-screen prompts.
- 3. Simply connect your iPhone and computer using the original USB cable(Recommended)
- 4. You will get to see the main interface now. Simply tap on "File Manager" option.
- 5. Find and click on “Photos”. Now, all your iPhone images will be chronologically sorted on your computer screen.
- 6. Now, simply choose the desired images for transfer and just click on the “Export” button.
This will start the transfer process and you will get hold of your images in no time. It can also manage your data, fix OS stuck issues, backup and restore, speed up and clean and offers various other useful functions.
Don’t miss this software!
Way 3: Download Photos to Computer with iCloud
You can use Apple Cloud services to sync all your photos between your iPhone and computer. This way you can download the photos to your computer any time. The method uses the iCloud Photo Library feature of iCloud on both your iPhone and computer. And it is available for both Windows and Mac. Here’s how to send photos from iPhone to laptop using iCloud:
- 1. First, get your iPhone X/8/7/7Plus/6/6Plus/5/5s/SE and tap on “Settings”.
- 2. Now, select “Photos” for iOS 11 devices and “Photos & Camera” for iOS 10 and earlier.
- 3. Now, turn on the “iCloud Photo Library” option with the provided toggle switch.
If you are using Windows computer:
- 1. Launch iCloud and open “Photos” beside Options and just check on the box for “iCloud Photo Library” and tap on “Apply”.
- 2. Now, to get the photos, open File Explorer and find “iCloud Photos” from the list. Open the “Downloads” folder and tap on download when prompted.
If you are using Mac computer:
- 1. Enable iCloud Photo Library on Mac, by going to "System Preferences", then to "iCloud". Now, click "Options".
- 2. Now, open the Photos App to see all the iCloud photos.
So, this is how to use iCloud to transfer all your pictures from iPhone to Windows and Mac.
Part 2: Specific Ways to Send Pictures from iPhone to Windows and Mac Computer
If you want to know the most basic way to send pictures from iPhone to computer for both Windows and Mac, you can use Windows File Explorer for Windows PC and Airdrop for Mac. Each of them is different, as the latter is a completely wireless photo transfer option. So let’s look at both of them:
Way 1: Send Pictures from iPhone to Windows Computer with File Explorer
You can just use a USB cable and File Explorer to move photos from iPhone to computer. But before you can start this process, make sure you have the latest iTunes installed on your Windows PC.
- 1. First, connect your iPhone to your PC.
- 2. Wait for some time, so that your computer detects your device.
- 3. After detection, for Windows 10/8.1/8 users, open File Explorer, navigate to “This PC”, find your iPhone from the list, open “Internal Storage” and then you will get the “DCIM” folder.
- 4. For Windows 7, simply go to “My Computer”, open your iPhone as a portable device and get the “DCIM” folder containing all your iPhone images.
Way 2: Move Photos from iPhone to Mac Computer with Airdrop
Airdrop is a unique feature on iOS devices that that can share images from your iPhone to Mac just wirelessly just by using Wi-Fi network. It is supported with Mac OS X Yosemite/El Capitan/ macOS Sierra/macOS High Sierra and completely dependent on a steady cellular connection. Here’s how to send images from iPhone to computer using Airdrop:
- 1. For this whole process to begin, make sure that your iPhone and Mac are connected to Wi-Fi.
- 2. Now, to set up Airdrop, get your iPhone and enable Airdrop and just select “Everyone”.
- 3. Launch the Finder and open Airdrop. Make sure it is ready to be discovered by everyone
- 4. Navigate to your Camera Roll now and choose the photos you want to AirDrop.
- 5. Now, click on Share and simply save to Mac.
This start syncing all your iPhone images to your Mac!
Overall, these are some effective ways to send photos from iPhone to computer, be it Windows or Mac. You can choose the one that suits your need and requirement. But we will definitely recommend you to go for the best and that is the Tenorshare iCareFone software for all your transferring requirements. Go for it and experience the simplicity and effectiveness of this amazing software.
If you find this article helpful, don’t forget to like, share and comment below!!