5 Easy Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer
Transferring pictures from iPhone to computer is something that all iPhone users want to know. It’s more of a necessity due to obvious reasons. iPhones does not come with expandable memory and with photos and images getting bigger with increased pixels and file sizes; it tends to go low on storage after sometime. And that’s where that need comes into play. But don’t worry, we are here with some detailed solutions in this article so that you know and understand how to put photos from iPhone to computer. Just follow the guide below…
Way 1: How to Put Photos from iPhone to Computer without iTunes/iCloud
When it comes to an iTunes/iCloud alternative to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, Tenorshare iCareFone should be your definite choice. It is a simple yet effective workable iOS file manager or simply a transfer program that can work on both Windows and Mac.
If you compare this software with iTunes/iCloud, here are the advantages it enjoys over the latter:
- Simple yet intuitive interface.
- No Wi-Fi or internet connection needed.
- No hassles of signing into accounts. No need to sign in to Apple iCloud accounts.
- Superior transfer speeds across all processes.
- No storage limitations here unlike iCloud.
- The photos will be readable and accessible after transferring unlike in iTunes.
- Bulk or selective transfers with one or multiple photos at one go!
- Compatible with all iOS, Mac and Windows versions. Windows 10/8/8.1/7, iOS 11/10/9/8, iPhone X/8/8+/7/7 Plus/6s/6s/6/5 and iPad Pro, Mac OS X Yosemite/ macOS High Sierra/OS X El Capitan/macOS Sierra etc
Follow the steps below to use Tenorshare iCareFone right away:
- Download Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer from the official website. Both Windows and Mac versions are available on the site.
- Now, install and run the software on your computer.
- Plug in the iPhone to your computer now with the help of a lightning cable.
- After detection, you will see the main interface of the software.
- Now, find and tap on “File Manager” and then navigate to “Photos”
- All your photos will now be showcased chronologically so that you can select the images easily.
- Select the pictures and just tap on the “Export” button.
All your iPhone pictures will be moved straight to your own computer now. It is that easy!
Way 2: How to Put Pictures from iPhone to Laptop using iTunes
iTunes is one of the essential apps for any Apple device user. iTunes not only shares your music, photos and videos with other Apple devices but you can also store your data in your iTunes account. There are two ways you can use your iTunes account…
- You must use the most recent version of iTunes.
- Open it and connect your iPhone and PC with an USB cable.
- You will notice a device icon on the iTunes panel, click on the icon.
- Now, go to Back Up Now button to start syncing your photos.
- Click on Done when it finishes.
- Now, every time you connect these devices together, they will be synced automatically and you will be able to transfer data easily.
- Download and install the latest version iTunes on your PC. Make sure that your iPhone and PC are running on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, connect both of the devices with an USB cable, you will notice a device icon appear on the iTunes panel.
- Click on the icon and then visit the Summery Tab and select “Sync with this device over Wi-Fi”.
- Click Apply and disconnect the cable.
- Rest is very easy, you just need to select the data and it will sync automatically.
Now, you know how do you put pictures from iPhone to computer using iTunes.
Way 3: How to Get Photos from iPhone to Computer with iCloud
Any iPhone user knows how useful Apple iCloud is. It is basically a Cloud service offered by Apple and comes with a software that will help you get your photos from iPhone to Computer. It is by this software that Cloud services do the job for you wirelessly. You have to basically set up your iPhone and also your computer to make this work and you will also need to have a steady Wi-Fi connection.
Without iCloud Software:
In case, you don’t have the iCloud software, you can get help from the online iCloud website and use any Mac or Windows laptop. Here’s how you can do it:
- From your Mac or Windows browser, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Now, tap on “Photos” option on the iCloud website.
- Choose the required images you want to download.
- Now, tap the download icon. You can find it on the right side upper corner. This will download all the selected images from iCloud to your computer.
You can find the photos on your browsers download path and that’s how you put photos from iPhone to computer. Tip: This method works on any computer.
With iCloud Software:
If you already have access to the iCloud software, you can sync your iPhone with your PC right away. Follow these steps below:
- On your Mac or PC, go to “System Preferences” and find “iCloud”.
- Under “iCloud”, just go to “Photos”
- Click on “Options” and tap on the “iCloud Photos Library” checkbox.
- Now, get your iPhone, go to “Settings” and find “iCloud”.
- Navigate to “Photos” and turn on the toggle switch for “iCloud Photo Library”.
iCloud Photos Library will automatically sync pictures from iPhone to Mac or PC, while on Wi-Fi.
Way 4: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Computer
There are various ways to transfer data from iPhone to a Mac. There are ways where using an USB cable is enough, there are also times when you have to use essential apps like iTunes or iCloud for data transfer. You can also use various apps to send data to your computer. You can transfer photos from iPhone to Mac wirelessly with the help of Airdrop.
Airdrop is the great way to transfer all your data like pictures, videos, files etc. With Airdrop you can not only transfer data but you can also share songs from your iTunes account, your contact information etc. Your iPhone must be equipped with iOS 10 or later to use Airdrop and if you are sharing data to your Mac you have to turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone and Wi-Fi on your Mac. The technical process of how to Airdrop from iPhone to Mac is mentioned below…
- Open the Airdrop app on your iPhone.
- The Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth will be turned on automatically.
- Now, open the Photos App, and select the photos you want to send.
- In the Airdrop panel, you will find the list of Apple devices you can share with, find the Apple device of your choosing, in this case, find your Mac PC and tap Share.
- The photo will be received as long as the receiver accepts the transfer request.
- After the process a pop-up will appear stating “Sent”.
This will sync your pictures to your Mac and you will get all your selected pictures right away.
Way 5: How to Import photos from iPhone to Windows Computer
Most of the iPhone users are under the illusion that syncing with a Windows PC is a very stressful process, mostly because the devices are manufactured by two competitive world leading companies. In reality a Windows PC is almost as compatible as Mac with an iPhone. There are a few changes in the process when it comes to Windows PC, compared to Mac. You also need to have iTunes pre-installed on your Windows PC to make the whole process work fluently. The process includes Windows File Explorer. So, to get it done, follow the steps below:
- First, plug in your iPhone to your PC via USB
- After sometime, your device will get detected.
- After detection, navigate to “My Computer”. Find the Devices section inside, the explorer, and you will find your iPhone as a portable device.
- Tap on it and you will find a “DCIM” folder.
- You will get all your iPhone pictures inside here.
Now you can just copy and paste all your photos inside your computer.
So, now you know how to add photos from iPhone to computer. You can go for any one of the above methods for your transferring needs. But if you ask us, we will definitely recommend the Tenorshare iCareFone software to as it is by far the best option to download photos from iPhone to computer. This is mostly due to its simple and straightforward working formula. Just go for it!
If you like this article, don’t forget to share and comment below!!