Best 4 Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows PC
Want to move photos from iPhone to PC but don’t know where to start? This is a very common issue nowadays for iPhone users. When it comes to backing up your precious photos to any other iOS device, there are many ways you can opt for. But, when there is a Windows PC in the whole equation, users tend to get confused on what to do and where to start. So, to make your life easier, here we are with a detailed guide on how to transfer your iPhone photos to your Windows PC quick and easy.
Way 1: Move Photos from iPhone to PC using Tenorshare iCareFone
Tenorshare iCareFone is undoubtedly the software to go for if you want to know how to download images from iPhone to PC. It is a powerful utility tool that can transfer any photos to your computer with just a few clicks. Be it from your camera roll or Photo Stream or any other sources, it can move any photo without compromising on quality. It is compatible and available for both Mac and Windows. It also boasts a very user-friendly interface, and we recommend it highly.
The advantages of Tenorshare iCareFone:
1. Very easy to use and intuitive in nature.
2. Great transfer speeds.
3. No Wi-Fi needed for transferring data. It works offline and hassle-free!
4. You can select multiple photos at once while transferring.
5. Unlimited import and export of photos.
6. No data loss and quality problems.
7. Readable photos after transfer unlike in iTunes.
8. Compatible with iOS 11/10/9/8, iPhone X/8/8+/7/7 Plus/6s/6s/6/5 and iPad Pro, Mac, Windows 10/8/8.1/7 etc.
Here’s how to use Tenorshare iCareFone to transfer photos from iPhone to Computer:
- First and foremost, download the software from the official site.
- Now, install and run the software on your PC.
- Now, plug your iPhone to the PC via the original USB or lightning cable.
- Choose “File Manager” from the main interface.
- Now, select “Photos” under “File Manager” section
- After all your photos come up on display, select the desired ones and just tap on “Export”
All your selected photos will now be available on your PC for further use or back up.
You can also use Tenorshare iCareFone to speed up and clean, backup and restore, fix iOS stuck issues and repair OS etc…It is the most versatile all-in-one tool available now!
Way 2: Move Pictures from iPhone to PC using iTunes
In case you are wondering “how do I move photos from iPhone to PC”, you can use iTunes. iTunes will basically sync all your photos from your iPhone to your Windows PC. iTunes comes with its own set of limitations and restrictions. The photos synced with iTunes are not readable and that can be a slight problem. Though it is a disadvantage, it is a still a feasible option when it comes to moving photos to your PC. We recommend that you keep a single folder containing all your albums and sub-folders as it would be easier for iTunes to sync a single folder and not multiple albums and folders.
- First, install and launch the latest iTunes on your PC.
- Now, connect your iPhone to your PC.
- Once connected, on the main interface, find “iPhone” icon on the main menu and
- Click "Back Up Now" button on the Summary page and wait for while to complete backup process.
All your photos will be synced to your PC. This is how to use iTunes to export photos from iPhone to Windows.
Way 3: Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC Through iCloud
In case, you want to use iCloud to copy all your iPhone photos to your PC, you can go for iCloud Photo Library option to store and sync photos. It will basically sync all your photos to your PC using Cloud services. The main disadvantage here is that iCloud storage is limited. You are only allowed 5 GB of space for free and if you want more, you will have to pay for it. Nonetheless, it is a tried and tested method that can do the job. Here’s how you use iCloud Photo Library to sync photos to your PC:
- First, download iCloud for Windows and install it on your PC Windows 10/8/8.1/7
- Now, sign in to iCloud by entering your Apple ID and password and run the software
- Now, select “Photos” just beside “Options”
- Simply enable the iCloud Photos and click on “Done”
- Navigate to “Settings” on your iPhone,
- Now, under “Settings” tab, find your name and “iCloud”.
- Tap “Photos” under iCloud and enable the toggle switch to turn on “iCloud Photo Library”
- This will upload all your pictures to the iCloud Library once you connect Wi-Fi.
- Now, go to “iCloud Photos” and tap on “Download” on File Explorer.
All your photos will be transferred or downloaded to the desired location set in “iCloud Photos Options”.
Way 4: Import Photos from iPhone to PC via USB Cable
Can't import photos from iPhone to PC Windows 10? One of the most common ways to import photos from iPhone to Windows PC is by using the Photos App for Windows 10/8 and the Autoplay feature for Windows 7. You just need to have a USB cable and it should do its job well enough. But for this whole process to work, iTunes should be installed on your PC. So, after getting that sorted move on to the following steps below:
Photos App for Windows 10/8 PC:
- First, install the latest iTunes on your Windows 10/8 computer.
- Now, plug in your iPhone to your PC via USB.
- Launch the Photos App on your computer.
- Go to the “Import” button on the interface and choose your iPhone as the device from the list.
- Now, choose the required photos for transfer and just click on “Import” after selection.
This will start transferring the photos now. Now, you know how to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 as well as Windows 8.
Autoplay for Windows 7 PC
- Install the updated iTunes on Windows 7 PC.
- Connect both your iPhone and PC via USB.
- Now, just open your iPhone’s camera
- This action will automatically prompt the AutoPlay box to pop up.
- Now, just select the “Import pictures and videos” option.
- Select the required pictures and click “Import”.
Now, you will have all your selected photos off from your iPhone to your Windows 7 PC.
All in all, here are the most effective ways and a detailed guide on how to move pictures from iPhone to PC. By going through the advantages and disadvantages of all the methods listed here, Tenorshare iCareFone is a straightforward winner here. It is the best way to copy photos from iPhone to Windows PC. Compared to other methods, iCareFone proves its worth by showcasing the stellar feature list and the advantages it has over other alternatives.
If you like this article, do share and comment below!!