How to Transfer Files from Old iPhone/Android to New iPhone X
Apple finally released iPhone X on late October, which has brought a shopping frenzy. Many Apple fans just couldn’t wait to get this new brand iPhone owning to the Face ID, 3D camera, glass body and other great features. One of the urgent needs for many users is to move data from old Android/iPhone to new iPhone X. This post has gathered some handy tips to import files to iPhone X from both old iPhone and Android phones in a very simple manner.
- Part 1: How to Export Data from Old iPhone to iPhone X
- Part 2: How to Copy All Data from Android to iPhone X
For those iPhone users who have recently upgraded to this new brand iPhone, they can transfer all contacts, messages, photos, videos and other data from iPhone 5S/6/6s/6s Plus/7/7 Plus to iPhone X using iTunes, iCloud or an easy tool called Tenorshare Phone to Phone Transfer to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone by 1-click.
Way 1: Selectively Transfer Data to iPhone X with Tenorshare Phone to Phone Transfer
If you hate the tedious process to restore data from iTunes/iCloud backup, or you just want to import parts of the files from old device, you can use Tenorshare Phone to Phone Transfer to transfer everything from iPhone to iPhone or selectively transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone without iTunes or iCloud in lighting speed.
- Download and install the program on Mac or PC, run the software and connect old iPhone to computer.
- Then connect iPhone X to computer and click “:Next” when both device is detected.
- The software will analyze your devices automatically, choose the files you want and click “Start Transfer”.
- The whole transferring process will complete within seconds, you can open your new iPhone and all the data will be there.
Way 2: Restore Old iPhone Backup to New iPhone X in iTunes
- Connect old iPhone to iTunes and click the device icon and select “Back up Now” to make backup.
- Eject the old iPhone and connect iPhone X to PC, click the iPhone icon and go to Summary. To get all the previous data imported to the new device, just click “Restore Backup”.
Way 3: Sync All Data from One iPhone to Another with iCloud
- On your old iPhone, go to Settings -> User name -> iCloud -> iCloud Backup, tap “Back Up Now”.
- If you haven’t set up the new iPhone X, just log in the same Apple ID and the data will be moved to iPhone X automatically. If you have already set up the device, you may need to erase all content and restore from iCloud backup in the App & Data screen.
Video Guide to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to iPhone X
There’s also an easy way to transfer files from Samsung Galaxy S5/4/3, Sony Xperia/Ericsson, Htc, Huaiwei and other Android phones to iPhone X, just download an app called Move to iOS from Google Play and then follow the steps below.
- While setting up the new iOS device, tap “Move Data from Android” in the Apps & Data screen.
- On your Android phone, run Move to iOS app and tap “Contine”.
- On iPhone X, tap “Continue” and wait for a code to appear.
- Enter the code on Android phone and choose the files you want to transfer, tap “Next” to go on.
- When the loading bar ends on iPhone, tap “Done” on Android device. Go back to your iPhone X, tap “Continue” and follow the onscreen instructions to finish the setup.
This post is a full guide to move data from Android or iPhone to new iPhone X. If you have any problems or other questions about transferring files to new iPhone, drop them in the comment part.