How to Load Pictures from iPhone to Computer
Both iTunes and iCloud provides the user the ability to manage their iOS devices, including transferring photos from iPhone to the computer and vice versa. But, both methods suffer from limitations. iTunes doesn't allow selective transfer of photos from iPhone to the computer. In case of iCloud, it only offers 5GB free space, and you would need an Internet connection to transfer your photos from iPhone to the computer. So, here, we are going to give you comprehensive solutions in terms of how to load pictures from iPhone to computer.
Way 1: How to Load Photos from iPhone to Computer with iTunes
When we talk about transferring data from iPhone to the computer, iTunes is the first name that comes to any iOS user. One of the major reasons behind its success is that it is the official way that comes from the house of Apple. Getting engaging with iTunes, you can easily manage your iDevices and can also load photos from iPhone to PC in few simple steps.
- Step 1: First of all, you have to download and install the newest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Step 2: Once the installation process successfully completed, you have to double-click on the iTunes icon to open it.
- Step 3: Now, you have to connect your iPhone device to the computer via USB cable.
- Step 4: iTunes application window will appear, click on the "Device" icon to view your iDevice.
- Step 5: After that, click on the "Back Up Now" which is placed at the right-pane of the Summary window.
- Step 6: Click Done when the backup process finishes. Your photos will be well backed up. Note that these photos are not readable in your computer.
Way 2: How to Load Photos from iPhone to PC/Mac with iCloud
iCloud is a cloud storage service that is deployed by Apple Inc on its iDevices. iCloud is the fantastic way to backup your photos without using any cable. Apple offers 5GB of free cloud storage space to every Apple user to store data including photos, videos, messages, call logs, and much more. There is a wide range of features available in this cloud storage service that makes transferring easier. Here in this part, we will provide you step by step guide on how to load pictures from iPhone to PC/Mac with iCloud.
How to enable iCloud sync photos on iPhone
- Step 1: Initially, you have to tap on the "Settings" of your iPhone.
- Step 2: Now, tap on the "Apple ID" banner which is placed at the top of the settings screen.
- Step 3: Choose iCloud from the given options.
- Step 4: After that, hit on the "Photos" under Apps using iCloud category.
- Step 5: Then, enable the "iCloud Photo Library" toggle.
How to download iCloud photos to PC or Mac
- Step 1: At the very first step, you have to open a web browser such as Google Chrome and type https://icloud.com/ and hit on the "Enter" button to open iCloud official website.
- Step 2: Once iCloud official website appears, you have to enter iCloud account login credentials such as iCloud ID and password.
- Step 3: On the homepage of iCloud, you will see various options. Click on "Photos" to view all photos that are saved on iCloud storage.
- Step 4: Now, choose the photo that you would like to download on your PC or Mac device.
- Step 5: Once your selected the photos, click on the "Download" button to start downloading them.
There is dedicated iCloud application is available for Windows devices. You can download it from the iCloud official website at free of cost. Simply, download, install and enter login detail to directly access iCloud Photos and Drive from your computer without opening its web-client.
Way 3: How to Load Pictures from iPhone to Computer without iTunes or iCloud
Despite iTunes and iCloud are official ways but, there are lots of limitations in transferring photos from iPhone to the computer with them. Some disadvantages you may encounter are listed below.
Disadvantages of using iTunes:
- If you want to transfer photos from iPhone to computer selectively then, it is not possible.
- Lots of users are complaining about iTunes errors like error-54 while transferring photos from iPhone to the PC.
- iTunes requires lots of system resources that slow down your computer.
Similar to iTunes, iCloud also has many limitations that are faced by thousands of users every day.
Disadvantages of using iCloud:
- iCloud is a cloud storage that needs a high-speed stable Internet connection to access.
- Apple offers only 5GB of cloud storage space to its users for data storage. One has to avail monthly subscription plan in order to expand the storage limit.
After analyzing the above scenario, we find Tenorshare iCareFone is a better way to load pictures from iPhone to computer. Getting engaging with Tenorshare iCareFone, you can easily transfer data selectively from iPhone to the computer in a single shot. Moreover, it is also possible to transfer photos from computer to your iPhone. It has a capability to transfer all major types of data like photos, videos, apps, and much more. Unlike Apple iCloud, this tool doesn't require an Internet connection in order to import photos from iPhone to PC.
How to use Tenorshare iCareFone?
- Step 1: Firstly, you have to download and install it on your computer.
- Step 2: Once the installation process successfully completed, open it and connect your iOS device to the computer via lightening cable.
- Step 3: Click on "File Manager" from the main interface.
- Step 4: Now, choose "Photos" from the given options.
- Step 5: Select the photo that you would like to transfer from iPhone to the computer. Click on the "Export" button to transfer the photo to your computer.
Facing problem while transferring photos from iPhone to computer using iTunes or iCloud and want to know its best alternative? Don't be anxious, you can try Tenorshare iCareFone to get photos from iPhone to PC. This powerful system care tool will aid you in solving such problem. Hope, this is the best solution to your problem how to load pictures from iPhone to computer without iTunes and iCloud service.