How to Import Photos from iPhone to Computer
Everyone tries to transfer photos from iPhone to computer once in a while. Some get success and knows how to transfer the photos from one device to another device while there are large number of people who struggles to send photos from iPhone to computer. It is not a tough task to import the photos from your iPhone to Computer but the thing is that we need to know the easy and reliable way to import the photos. Here, you will get to know how to import photos from iPhone to computer.
Part 1: How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac
Getting photos from iPhone to Mac can be easy with the help of AirDrop and Photos App. You can download the images on your Mac without any problem using these methods. The process have been explained below.
Way 1: AirDrop Photos from iPhone to Mac
AirDrop is one of the easiest way to transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac wirelessly. Here you will get to know how to setup AirDrop in iPhone and Mac as well as how to download pictures from iPhone to Mac.
1. Turn on and set-up AirDrop on Mac:
- Click on Finder>>Click on AirDrop (You will see AirDrop on the bottom-left of the screen).
- If you want to receive photos from everyone iPhone instead of only contacts then you choose "Allow me to be discovered by Everyone" , which you can find at the bottom of the screen.
Note: If your Wi-Fi or Bluetooth is turned off, you will see a button to turn it on. Also AirDrop turns on automatically if Wi-Fi or Bluetooth are on.
2. Turn on and set-up AirDrop on iPhone:
- Go to Control Center>> Tap AirDrop.
- Now you can choose if you want to receive photos from your contacts only or from everyone.
3. Once you have turned on AirDrop on both iPhone and Mac. Just follow the steps:
- Select the Photo >> Tap on Share icon.
- You can see Apple devices that you can share with (On the AirDrop section) >> Tap on it.
Your photo will be transferred to your Mac and it will be store in download folder.
Way 2: Transfer iPhone Photos to Mac with Photos App
Using Photos App is one of the easiest ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. The process is given below, just follow accordingly.
Note: You should have latest version of iTunes installed on your Mac.
1. Connect you iPhone with Mac using USB cable.
2. Once the Mac synchronize the iPhone, the Photos App will be opened.
3. You can see all the photos on the screen.
4. Select the photo that you want to download >> click on Import button.
Part 2: How to Import Photos from iPhone to PC
There are some of the easy and reliable way to import photos form iPhone to PC. It is listed below:
Way 1: Import Photos from iPhone to Computer by USB Cable
This method is really useful if you don't want to mess with new features available to transfer photos wirelessly.
Note: iTunes must be preinstalled on your PC
For Windows XP/Windows 7:
1. Connect your iPhone to PC using USB Cable.
2. As soon as you connect a dialogue box will appear with AutoPlay name on it.
3. Click on Import pictures and videos from the option you see on it.
For Windows 10/Windows 8:
In windows 10/8 it is even more advance and easier. Now you can import photos directly from iPhone to PC using Photos App. Here is how you can do.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer using USB cord.
2. The moment you connect, the Photos App should open automatically. If it doesn't open then simply go to start menu and launch the Photos App.
3. Click on Import option that you can see on the top-right corner of the screen and select your iPhone from the list.
4. Choose the photo you want to send to your PC >> Tap Import.
Way 2: Download iPhone Photos to PC from iCloud:
iCloud is one way to store your photos in secure way and iCloud Photo Library automatically keeps all pictures that you take in iCloud which makes it easy to access the library anytime and anywhere.
Note: Make sure you sign-up in iCloud with same Apple ID that you use with iCloud Photo Library and also download iCloud for Windows(If you are using Windows PC).
1.Go to Settings >> Tap on your name/Apple ID (You will find on the top of the phone screen).
2. Tap iCloud >> Tap Photos.
3. Toggle on iCloud Photo Library (You will find at the top of the phone screen).
4. Launch iCloud for Windows on your computer >> Enter Apple ID and Password.
5. Click on "Options" which you can find next to "Photos".
6. Select iCloud Photo Library check box from the option >>Click on Done.
7. Open File Explorer (Win+E) >> Tap on iCloud Photos(You will find this option on the left side of screen under Favorite).
8. Now click on Download option.
9. All the photos will be downloaded to your PC.
10. To view iCloud photos on Mac, just launch Photos App and the photos are there.
Part 3: How to Import Pictures from iPhone to Computer
Importing Pictures from iPhone to Computer is now really easy due to Tenorshare iCareFone. It is the software that lets you transfer photos from iPhone to Computer or vice-versa just in a single click. This software is compatible with both Windows and Mac. There are so many advantages of using iCareFone. Some of them are listed below:
- Simple and easy to use.
- Transfer one or more than one photos at a time.
- Good alternative over iTunes and iCloud.
- Two way transfer: iPhone to Computer or Computer to iPhone.
- No iCloud free storage restriction.
- Supports iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s and even earlier models.
- No iTunes restriction.
Step by step guide showing the process to send photos using Tenorshare iCareFone:
1. Download Tenorshare iCareFone and install it to your PC.
2. Connect iPhone to computer using lightening cable.
3. Open the iCareFone software >> you will see screen with your iPhone details and six features.
4. Click on File Manager (You can see on the first left-top features category).
5. Choose Photos option >> You will be able to see the photos of your iPhone.
6. Choose all the photos and click on Export option (You will see this option on the top left menu bar).
7. Your photos will be downloaded in your PC as soon as you export the photos.
Now, I think you should not have the question that How do I import photos from iPhone to Computer? Here, I have explained every easy method so that it will benefit you but I recommend you to try Tenorshare iCareFone which not only makes your task of importing photos from iPhone to Computer easy but also gives you many useful features which will benefit you. If you have any query then comment below.