[3 Unique Ways] How to Transfer Photos from iCloud to Android
"I recently lost my iPhone and buy a new Samsung Galaxy S7. I am wondering to transfer the photos and videos from my iCloud to my Android phone. Does anyone have a good idea?"
Wondering how to get pictures from iCloud to Android? One of the most annoying thing that troubled many iOS users who want to try out an Android phone is transferring data from iPhone to Android. In this article, we will show you 3 best ways to transfer photos and videos from iCloud to Android for your reference.
Can I Transfer iCloud Photos to Android?
Yes, but there is no way to direclty transfer iCloud photos to Android device, you need to download your iCloud photos to a computer/iPhone first or use iCloud on your Android browser, then you can try the following ways to transfer what you need.
- Method 1: Transfer Photos from iCloud to Android with Computer (Need Download First)
- Method 2: Sync Photos from iCloud to Android on Device (Directly)
- Method 3: How to Get Photos from iCloud to Android via 3rd-party Apps (3 Useful Apps)
- Two Must-read Tips about iCloud Photos and Android Photos
Method 1: Transfer Photos from iCloud to Android with Computer (Need Download First)
The first way to transfer photos from iCloud to Android is to use the iCloud Photo Stream feature. You need to download your iCloud photos to a computer first. Just follow steps below.
- Make sure you have enabled iCloud on your iPhone and Go to Settings -> Photo Stream and turn it on.
- Download iCloud for Windows on your computer from http://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/pc.html
- Run iCloud on your PC and enter your Apple ID and password as prompted. Click the "Photo" check box to enable Photo.
Click "Apply" to save your changes. iCloud will create the iCloud Photos folder on your computer and begin downloading your iCloud Photo Library to it.
- After downloading, transfer your downloaded photos to your Android phone with an USB cable.
Method 2: Sync Photos from iCloud to Android on Device (Directly)
If you do not want to use computer or you don't have a computer at hand, you can try this method to directly download iCloud to your Android phone. The steps are simple, read on.
- Open any of your browser,like Chrome, Firefox or any others.
- Visit www.icloud.com, go to your browser setting to select Request Desktop Sit. This will help to display your iCloud just like on a computer.
- The next step is similar to the first way, login your iCloud account and go to Photos.
View and choose the photos you want to download to save them on your Android device.
Method 3: How to Get Photos from iCloud to Android via 3rd-party Apps (3 Useful Apps)
The next method is about two third-party apps, you can use them to transfer pictures from iCloud to Android without using iCloud or computer, all you need to do is download your iCloud photos to your iPhone first.
1. Use Mobile Trans Phone to Phone Transfer Tool
There is an easy way to get your iCloud photos to android with an efficient app, which called Mobile Trans. It is specialized in transfer file between iPhone and Android device, therefore, it will be just what you need, the steps are easy:
- Download all your iCloud photos to iPhone first.
- Download and install the software on you PC, and connect both of your iPhone and Android phone.
The software will scan out all your iPhone files, select Photos and click Start.
- Your photos will be transferred to Android device in a few seconds.
2. Use AirMore to Move iCloud Photos to Android
Airmore is a great file manage app, it can transfer files between iOS and Android device freely. You can downlaod this app from Apple App Store or Google Play Store depend on your requirement, then follow the instructions below:
- Open and sign in the app both of your iPhone and Android Phone.
- On the Menu bar, select More>Other tool>Phone Transfer.
Wait for your iPhone to detect your Android phone, then click your Android icon.
- Select the pictures in your iPhone Photos and click Send.
3. Use ShareIt to Import iCloud Photos to Android
The other app we want to recommend to you is ShareIt, it is just the same as AirMore, you can easily find it in App Store or Google Play Store, then start to use:
- Turn on your hotspot on Android, then tap on Receive and Connect to iOS button.
- Open your ShareIt on iPhone, click on Send, choose your Photos and tap on OK.
Select your Android phone as a receiver and click Send again.
Two Must-read Tips about iCloud Photos and Android Photos
- Tip 1: The Limitations of the iCloud Photo Stream Service
- Tip 2: What If Your Android Photos are Lost after Transferring
Tip 1: The Limitations of the iCloud Photo Stream Service
There are certain limitations that you are subjected to when you use the iCloud Photo Stream service. In other words, although the photos are supposed to be automatically uploaded from your iPhone to your iCloud account when you use the Photo Stream feature, you cannot get all photos from your iPhone to be saved on the iCloud. There are some major limitations to the Photo Stream service.
1. Up to 1000 Photos
The Photo Stream service only backs up the last 1000 photos. Moreover, if you touch the 1000 limit and take another photo, the oldest photo in your iCloud account gets deleted.
2. Up to 30 Days
The photos that are present in the Photo Stream shall get deleted after 30 days. This means that you need to ensure that your device is connected to the internet and you have iCloud enabled on your PC or your Laptop to have a backup of all photos.
3. 5 GB Storage
iCloud offers users with a maximum of 5GB as storage space. This space is shared between all iCloud data and not just photos. This means that the storage space can fill up very quickly.
Tip 2: What If Your Android Photos are Lost after Transferring
As it is not easy and there is no official methods to sync photos and videos from iCloud to Android device, sometimes the data loss may occur.
That's what we want to talk about here, you can easily get back your lost photos, videos, documents, contacts and any other file types on just a few step with Tenorshare UltData for Android. A great news is that this tool can help to recover photos from android without Root!
Let's see how to use it:
Download and install this software first, then open it.
You will find three options on the main interface, select Recover Lost Photos.
- Connect your Android device and enable USB debugging with the onscreen instructions.
Click on Start to scan your lost photos, the software will display all the photos found soon.
Choose the pictures you want to recover and click the Recover button, the whole process will be finished in a few seconds.
Transferring photos from iCloud to Android shouldn't be a nerve wrecking or a difficult process. How you choose to transfer photos from iCloud to Android depends on your individual preferences, but irrespective of which option you choose, you can always enjoy a seamless experience using either mode of transfer.
However, if you find that there is data loss on your Android device, we highly recommend you having a try of UltData for Android, it will be your best partner.