How to Transfer Notes from iPhone to iPhone 11/Xs/Xs Max/XR
Notes app is very useful for iPhone users as it helps to record important schedules of work and daily life. Recently, many people bought the newly released iPhone brands and wish to transfer notes from iPhone to iPhone 11 or iPhone XR/XS/X. In this post, we'll list 3 methods to migrate notes between iPhones, check them out and choose your favorite one.
3 Ways to Transfer Notes from iPhone to iPhone
- Way 1: Move Notes from iPhone to New iPhone 11/Xs/Xs Max/XR Directly
- Way 2: Export iPhone Notes to Another iPhone from iTunes Backup
- Way 3: Restore Notes from iPhone to iPhone from iCloud Backup
Way 1: Move Notes from iPhone to New iPhone 11/Xs/Xs Max/XR Directly
If you only want to get the notes information exported to the new device, you can try a professional iOS data transferring software Tenorshare Phone to Phone Transfer. It helps to transfer notes from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes or iCloud. Download and install this handy tool and see how it works.
- Run Tenorshare Phone to Phone Transfer on your Mac or PC, connect your old iPhone to computer and it will be recognized by the software immediately. Then connect the iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR to computer.
- Click "Next" and you will see a screen like below. Tick "Notes" from the source iPhone and click "Start Transfer".
- The software will start coping notes. Within seconds, the process will complete and you can open the new iOS device to check the file.
Way 2: Export iPhone Notes to Another iPhone from iTunes Backup
Import Notes from iPhone to new iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR using iTunes is also a way to go, but it doesn't allow selecting only notes for restoring. Besides, since iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR is running iOS 12 by default, the backup you are going to restore must be created on iOS 11 device. That means you need to upgrade old iPhone to iOS 12 before syncing in iTunes.
To restore notes from iTunes backup, just follow the steps below:
- Connect iPhone to computer and run iTunes, trust the computer and click the iPhone icon on iTunes.
- Tap on "Summary" and you'll see the restore option. Click "Restore Backup" to import all the data to new iPhone, including notes.
Way 3: Restore Notes from Old iPhone to New iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR from iCloud Backup
Some people don't like iTunes restore as the procedures are pretty tedious. Actually you can quickly make an iCloud backup and then transfer the backup to your new device.
- Connect your previous device to Wi-Fi and then go to Settings -> User name -> iCloud -> iCloud Backup. Turn on iCloud Backup and click "Backup Now".
- Turn on your new device and you'll see a "Hello" screen. If you have already set up your device, erase it and then follow the steps.
- Follow the setup steps on your iPhone until you see the "Apps & Data" screen. Tap on "Restore from iCloud Backup" and sign in your Apple ID to choose a backup to restore.
The Bottom Line
With the 3 methods introduced in this post, you can easily transfer notes from old iPhone to new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, or other iPhones. Tenorshare iPhone Transfer tool is the top recommended as it supports selective transfer.If you have other file transferring needs on new iPhone, please check Top 10 File Transfer on iPhone 11/X/8/8 Plus 2017.