Top 3 Ways to Transfer Contacts from Old iPhone to iPhone 7/7 Plus
Changing your old iPhone to a new iPhone 7/7 Plus means you will handle a heavy workload to transfer all content from your previous device to the brand new one, especially there are a ton of contacts. Luckily, you can find 3 methods to about how to migrate contacts from iPhone to iPhone here.
Way 1: Export Contacts to New iPhone with iOS File Transferring Software
Here I would like to recommend you a third-party iOS specializing software Tenorshare iCareFone to send all contacts to new iPhone without erasing existing data. Indeed, both iTunes and iCloud can achieve setting up contacts on new iOS devices from backed-up file. The reason why I put Tenorshare iCareFone in the first place is that no backup is required with this tool, which means, it can read your device directly even if the old iPhone is broken. Also, you can selectively transfer one or more contacts within a few clicks. Now let’s check from iPhone to iPhone transfer contacts without iCloud or iTunes.
- 1. After installing Tenorshare iCareFone on your PC/Mac, connect your old iPhone with it. Then select File Manager > Contacts on the interface below.
- 2. Check all or partial contacts you want to move to new iOS device and click Export on the top. There choose Export to backup file (.cdata) format from scroll down menu. Save the contacts backup data to a preferable path.
- 3. Disconnect your old iPhone and instead plug in your new iPhone 7. Like what mentioned above, navigate to Contacts. Click Import to save contacts to new iPhone.
Now check your new iPhone and you will find all the previous contacts have been successfully transferred.
Way 2: Transfer Contacts from One iPhone to Another Using iTunes
If you make an up-to-date backup with old device on iTunes, you will be given a choice to restore contacts as well as other files to your brand-new iPhone. Below is how to copy contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes.
- 1. Plug your old iPhone into computer and run iTunes. Click the iPhone icon on the leftbar.
- 2. Choose Summary > This Computer > Encrypted Backup (optional) > Backup Now. When it’s finished. Unplug your old device unplug your old device and reconnect new one with iTunes . If you didn’t set up your new device yet, you should choose Restore from iTunes Backup on start-up Apps & Data interface first before connecting to iTunes.
- 3. Head for Summary > Restore Backup and select the newly created backup file. Make sure the Find My iPhone feature is disabled on your device.
Way 3: Restore Contacts from iCloud Backup to New iPhone
Except for 2 ways mentioned above, you can also transfer contacts from old iphone to new iphone with iCloud. Quite similar to what you did with iTunes, but make sure you are using the same Apple ID on both iOS device and you are under Wi-Fi network.
On old device: Go to Settings > Your name on iOS 10.3 later or Storage and Bakcup on iOS 10.2 or earlier > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Backup Now.
On new device: If you new iPhone has not been used yet, follow the set-up instructions to move to Apps & Data, choose Restore from iCloud Backup and log in your Apple ID. Otherwise, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings > Erase iPhone. You will be able to reset your device then.
iCloud or iTunes backup will be a good try assuming you have not set up the iPhone yet, or the two will wipe any contacts currently on your new iPhone and replace most contents and settings with the old ones.
That’s all about how to transfer iPhone contacts to new iPhone. Among three methods we strongly recommend you try Tenorshare iCareFone, which will bring you the unprecedented experienced on iPhone/iPad data transferring and iOS management.