How to Export/Import Health Data in iOS 10
Health App is an amazing feature in iOS 10 and gains popularity among a lot of iOS users . Which is capable of helping you keep track of your fitness and store all your health data in one app. You can measure steps walked, running data, calories burned, sleep habits, etc. But what if you’ve bought a new iPhone and plan to transfer the previous data stored on the old phone to the new one, then you should not miss this post. In this post, we will show you how to import and export health data on iPhone 7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5s/5.
Part 1: Export Your Health Data in iOS 10 Using the Health App
This method about iOS 10 health data transfer has its limitations but is still an easy way to get all of your data out of the Health app, it offers you an XML file of all of your health data. Below is how you can export all that data.
- Step 1: Launch the Health app.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Health Data tab located at the bottom right corner. Tap on the User icon at the top right corner.
- Step 3: Next, tap on Export Health Data.
- Step 4: A popup will display on the screen. Tap Export to confirm
- Step 5: Select the method you want to send the data such as Mail, Viber, or Notes…
Once done, it will present the data in the XML file format.
Part 2: Import Health and Activity Data in iOS 10 using an Encrypted iTunes Backup
You can follow to import both Health Data into a new iOS 10 devices by doing a full encrypted iTunes or iCloud Backup of your old device and then restore the encrypted backup to your new iPhone.
For those who don’t know what encrypted and unencrypted means, you can find the explanation down below. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Connect your device to your Computer using USB Cable and select it on iTunes.
- Step 2: Click on the Summary Tab on the left column and then click the Encrypt Button in the bottom left corner of Summary Page.
- Step 3: After you enable the Encrypt Option, a popup will appear asking you to set a memorable password that will be used to encrypt iTunes Backups. This password is also used to disable encrypted iTunes Backups.
- Step 4: After you confirm your password, iTunes will automatically begin backing up your device. The backup time may depend on the size of your data.
- Step 5: To make sure that the encrypted backup is successfully done, go to iTunes – Preferences – Devices. If there is a lock icon next to the latest backup file, then the encrypted backup has finished successfully.
With these two time-saving methods, you can move health & activity info in iOS 10 on iPhone/iPad without entering all the data manually on multiple iOS devices. As to transfer other types of files, I want to introduce an easy-to-use program - Tenorshare iCareFone to you. You can easily transfer all type of files like music, videos, iBooks, contacts and etc, on your iPhone, iPad and iPod to PC with the help of it. Simply connect your device with PC and all the rest can be done within several clicks.