Best Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop
It is imperative that if you are an iPhone user, you must be using its world-class camera to take a lot of pictures. But, it is unfortunate that a phone like this does not come with an expandable memory. So, you have to free the clogged up memory from time to time to take new pictures. Needless to say, that every iPhone user goes through this system. Many people ask how to download photos from iPhone to Laptop .
In this article, we are here with some effective ways that you can try. It is a very easy process and it really does not matter if you own a Windows PC or a Mac, you just have to use different techniques to download the photos. So, let’s get started.
Part 1: iPhone Photos Download to PC
If you are a Mac user then you know it very well the compatibility between the devices but that does not mean that it cannot be used with Windows, you just have the know the right tricks. In case you are wondering “Can I download photos from iPhone to Laptop?”, the short answer would be Yes! Here are some ways that can help you download your iPhone photos straight to your Windows PC.
Way 1: Download Photos from iPhone to Laptop with USB Connection
This is by far the basic methods of transferring your images from iPhone X, 8, 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 6, 6 Plus, SE, 5s, 5c, 5 etc. to Laptop Windows 10/8/7. So, if you are going to use these methods, then you need to first download and install iTunes on your PC.
For Windows 10/8:
If you are using Windows 10/8 PC, use the Photos App. Here’s how:
- Now, you need to connect your PC to your iPhone, you can use a 30-pin cable or a lightning cable.
- The Photo app should be launched automatically but if it does not, then you need to search for the program and launch it manually. You may have to unlock your phone to complete the process.
- On the Photo app, you will see an Import button, located at the upper-right corner of the panel. Just tap on it! Then you need to select the pictures you want to download from your phone.
- After selecting, just click Continue, located at the lower-left corner and complete the whole process.
A pop-up will open, asking you if you want to automatically delete the photos after importing them. You can choose that or you can simply import the photos to your PC.
For Windows 7:
If you are using a Windows 7 PC, you will have to use the AutoPlay feature. Here’s how to use it:
- First, connect your both the devices via USB.
- Now, open the camera on your iPhone.
- This will open the “AutoPlay” dialog box on your computer screen.
- Now, just tap on the “Import pictures and videos” option to import all your photos to your Windows 7 laptop.
Way 2: Sync iPhone Photos with iCloud Photo Library
“So, how do you download pictures from iPhone to laptop?” First of all, if you are going to download photos using this method, then you must download and install iCloud for Windows on your PC and make sure that the same software on your Apple device is up to date.
After this, you need to log in to your iCloud account on both devices with the same Apple ID and make sure that your Wi-Fi or internet data is turned on.
Now go to your iPhone and follow the steps.
- Go to “Settings”, type your name and then enter “iCloud”. Now, you need to go to “Photos” and turn on the “iCloud Photo Library” toggle switch.
- Now, go to your PC, sign in to iCloud with iCloud for Windows and there you will find the Photo option. Select the “iCloud Photo Library” option.
Now that the photos are synced on both of your devices, the photos will be downloaded automatically when you connect your iPhone to your PC. You will get all your photos inside the iCloud Photos folder. You can get there using you File Explorer. Just open the“downloads” folder and download the photos.
Part 2: iPhone Photos Download to Mac
If you are using a Mac and don’t know how to download pictures from iPhone to laptop, here are some ways tailor-made for you…Follow the steps bellow:
Way 1: Download Pictures from iPhone to Laptop from Photos App
From the very existence of Apple devices, the company introduced a very specific way to transfer files from device to device. The process has not been changed since.
- First, connect Mac laptop to your iPhone. You can use a 30-pin cable or a lightning cable. The Photo app should be launched automatically but if it does not you can manually start it with the launch pad.
- On the Photo app panel, you will see the blue colored Import button. Tap on it and then select the pictures you want to import. This will import all the selected photos.
If you want you can also select the option to automatically delete the photos after importing to save up space. After the process is completed you can select the Last Import option to see the last imported images too.
Way 2: Import Photos from iPhone to Mac using Image Capture
This is a fairly easy method to download photos from iPhone to Mac. This method is mostly similar to the previous one but instead of using the Photo App you are going to be using Image Capture to transfer the photos. This is an alternative to the Photos app. Here’s how to use Image Capture:
- First of all, connect your iPhone to your Mac laptop through a USB cable.
- Now, run the Image Capture application.
- Now, on the interface, you will be able to see a list of devices. Select the iPhone option, if it is not selected.
- After this, you just have to create a folder on your Mac to store the downloaded pictures.
- Now, you just have to click on Import to send the photos from iPhone to Mac.
Part 3: Transfer iPhone Photos to both Windows and Mac Laptop
If you want to download pictures from iPhone to laptop, the hassle-free way, no matter it is a Windows or Mac PC, we highly recommend Tenorshare iCareFone. It is a tailor-made solution that supports both Windows and Mac. It is basically a great alternative to iTunes or iCloud as it just takes seconds to transfer all your photos.
Tenorshare iCareFone is an all-in-one tool that can fetch any type of files from your iPhone to your Laptop. You can also transfer all files or select the ones you need easily from its user-friendly interface. Here’s how you can do it:
- First, you need to download the software to your Mac/Windows laptop. Both versions are available.
- Now, launch the software on your laptop and simply connect your iPhone via the USB cable.
- Now, on the main interface, find and tap on “File Manager”.
- Navigate to “Photos” and click it. You will now see all your photos on display.
- Now, you can select the images you want to transfer or transfer all photos in bulk.
- After selection, just tap on “Export”.You will have your photos transferred successfully to your laptop now.
Apart from picture transfers, this software can also transfer any type of data like contacts, videos, call history, music etc.. It can act as a file manager, repair operating systems, backup and restore files, and can even speedup and clean your device.
Overall, these are some full-proof ways with the help of which you can get photos from iPhone to Laptop. If you want a smooth experience to download pictures from iPhone to laptop and a support for a lot of other features, just go for Tenorshare iCareFone and it won’t disappoint you!