Can’t Import Photos from iPhone after iOS 10/11/12 Update - Here’s the Fix
“After installing iOS 10 on my 5c, iPhoto won't import photos. It says it can't because my iPhone is locked with a passcode. It does this even when the phone is open, and even if I have my passcode turned off. Is anyone else having this problem? Can anyone help?”
iPhone camera allows us to capture the memorable moments and save the tracks of our life. Sometimes we transfer pictures from iPhone to computer to make backups and iPhoto can be the best choice. Many people have upgraded their iPhone to iOS 12/11/10 to get away from the crank calls or to gain more fluent experience of watching videos. However, some users may encounter several annoying problems after iOS update, iPhoto cannot import photos from iPhone is the one I came across on Apple Support Community.
If you cannot import photos from iPhone after iOS update, below are some possible fixes for you:
- Disconnect your iPhone and plug it back to try again.
- Reboot your computer or change to another computer.
- Open up the Disk Manager on your computer and run the Check Disc function, just to verify your hard drive is in proper working order.
- Make sure there is no security settings embedded that would interfere with iPhoto, and then reimport them as you normally would.
Solution 1: Get Photos from iPhone to Mac with Preview
Preview allows you to view anything on the Mac and pictures are included. Thus this is an easy way for importing iPhone photos to Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac via a USB cable and then launch “Preview”.
- Click File on the left of your screen and choose Import from your iPhone.
- Select the photos you need to transfer and then click Import or Import All.
Solution 2: Transfer iPhone Photos to Mac Wirelessly
If you want to upload several pictures to your Mac and the iPhoto won’t work, Email will be the easiest way.
Open the Photos app on your iPhone and go to album, tap an album to choose the target one. Select the picture you want and tap on Share, Email. Type your Email address and hit Send. You can download the photos from your email on Mac with ease.
Solution 3: Get Photos from iPhone to Mac with Tenorshare iCareFone
To import photos from iPhone to mac successfully, we highly recommend you Tenorshare iCareFone Mac, best alternative to iPhoto to upload all your iPhone pictures, music, call history as well as other data to computer without using iTunes.
Step 1: Run the software after free downloading and installation, connect iPhone to computer and then choose “File Manager” on the main interface.
Step 2: Choose the “Photos” icon to preview all of the photos in your iPhone.
Step 3: Select the one you need and click “Export” button to save the photos in your computer.
Now you have imported all your photos to computer successfully. If you still have any questions or you got any better ideas, don’t forget to leave us a message!