How to Recover Lost Data from Bricked iPad Pro after iOS 9.3.2 Upgrade
“Tried to install 9.3.2 on a new (1 month old) iPad Pro but it gets bricked and gives instruction to connect cable to iTunes. iTunes gives message to restore then download update, then just dies. Is their any way to fix it or recover data from my bricked iPad Pro”
- Apple Community
Some 9.7 inch iPad Pro users complained on Apple and Macrumors that their iPad were being bricked by the iOS 9.3.2 update and presented an "Error 56" message that instructs them to plug their devices into iTunes. Worse still, the bricked device could not be restored through iTunes. If you unfortunately encountered the same issues, the first thing first is getting important data back from your bricked iPad Pro and waiting for Apple’s solution.
To restore lost data from bricked iPad Pro after iOS 9.3.2/10/11 upgrade, you need the help of Tenorshare UltData, a professional iOS data recovery tool that offer you 3 ways to restore lost data from bricked iPad Pro after iOS 9.3.2 upgrade either from iTunes/iCloud backup or without backup.
- Way 1: Recover Data from Bricked iPad Pro without Backup after iOS 9.3.2 Upgrade
- Way 2: Retrieve Bricked iPad Pro Data via iTunes Backup after iOS 9.3.2 Update
- Way 3: Restore Bricked iPad Pro Files from iCloud Backup after Updating to iOS 9.3.2
Forgot to backup your iPad Pro before upgrading iOS 9.3.2 but now it unfortunately gets stuck? Don’t worry! UltData will save you out.
- Run UltData after installing. Connect your iPhone to computer with USB cable. "Recover Data from iOS Device" is selected by default.
- Click "Start scan". After scanning, all your existing and deleted iPad data will be listed by category. You can review them before recovery.
- Finally check your wanted data and click “Recover” to recover them to your computer.
Though iTunes can’t recognize your bricked iPad Pro, you still can use iPad data recovery to extract data from your previous iTunes backup file.
Step 1: Run UltData and select "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File". Choose the one you need and click "Start Scan" to precede.
Step 2: After scanning, UltData will list all files stored on your backup file. Preview and check your wanted files to recover then by clicking “Recover”.
Can’t access your bricked iPad pro and restore data from iCloud backup? Never worry! UltData will help you download data on iCloud backup without accessing your device.
Step 1: Chose "Recover Data from iCloud Backup File" and sign into your iCloud account. Select the backup and files you want to download.
Step 2: After downloading, you can see your selected files listed in categories. Check the files you want and click “Recover” to restore them.
With UltData, recovering files from brick iPad Pro will be as easy as 1-2-3. Moreover, before Apple’s solution, you can try iCareFone, a profession iOS repair tool , to fix your bricked 9.7 inch iPad Pro after iOS 11/10/9.3.2 upgrade.