Top 5 WhatsApp Issues and Fixes on iOS 12/11 iPhone/iPad
WhatsApp is one of the most popular daily communication apps on the market now. Most of the time, it works like a charm but sometimes it may encounter various kinds of problems. Here we have gathered top 5 that complained most problems in the tech forum, and there are a few solutions provided to show you how to fix WhatsApp issues after updating to iOS 12 or iOS 11 on your iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus so that enable the WhatsApp on your iPhone can run smoothly again.
Part 1: Common Issues Occurred on iOS 12 and iOS 11 WhatsApp
Below are some problems that are commonly reported in the tech forum by WhatsApp users since they update to iOS 11:
1. Unable to Connect to WhatsApp
If you have received the prompt that you are unable to connect to WhatsApp, the possible reasons might be that your phone is temporarily not connected to the Internet or on a weak connection. In rare case, this issue may be caused by WhatsApp service goes down temporarily.
2. Problems on Sending or Receiving Messages
When a message is sent to you via WhatsApp, but you do not receive it or you even cannot send message out. This issue has often ouccured.There are4 major causesthat might lead to the malfunction. The most common one is a bad Internet connection. The second one is the contact you are messaging has blocked your number. The reason could also be that you have not completed the initial verification process. The number of the contact you are trying to message on WhatsApp has not been entered correctly on your phone can lead to this issue as well.
3. WhatsApp Stuck on Loading Screen
This doesn't happen usually but just in case apps get stuck at "Loading" when you launch this app, there's really nothing much you can do but to close or restart it. To figure out why? Network and available free space can all play a role in this issue.
4. WhatsApp Failed to Verify Phone Number
The Biggest head eating problem of WhatsApp is while verifying the phone number and it shows-SMS verification Failed. This problem mainly occurs when user try toinstallmodded version of WhatsApp which is known asWhatsApp Plus.
5. WhatsApp Keeps crashing after iOS 11 or iOS 12 Update
Some users reported that WhatsApp crashes on startup when they open chat or contacts after iOS 11 update. Sometimes it just keeps exiting or closes automaticallywhich can be annoying when they are indulging in a conversation.
Part 2: Potential Solutions to Fix WhatsApp Issue after iOS 11/12 Update
If you have experienced any one of issues we described above, then these solutions might be helpful for you to have them fixed, let's take a look at what you could try.
- 1. Force WhatsApp To Close
- 2. Make Sure Have A Working Internet Connection
- 3. Reinstall the App
- 4. Updating WhatsApp to the Latest Version
- 5. Erase All Content And Settings (Data Loss)
- 6. Using Tenorshare ReiBoot to Fix WhatsApp Keeps Crashing after Updating to iOS 11 (No Data Loss)
When we are listing the solutions for various iPhone issues, we always start with the simplest ones. Forcing an app to close is the easiest way to get WhatsApp working again. Follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Double click the Home button to show you the apps you have been using recently.
- Step 2: Swipe left or right to find the app you want to close.
- Step 3: Swipe up to close it.
After all these, you can go back to the Home screen and launch the app again.
To ensure you have a working Internet connection. You must have a data plan on your carrier's network or a Wi-Fi connection with Internet access. Make sure that the signal strength of the Wi-Fi or data network is good and the phone is connected to the network. Or you can open a webpage in your phone browser to see if it loads. If it does, your phone is connected to the Internet.
In most cases, updating App to the latest version is workable to fix its relevant issues. So, you can try to update WhatsApp on your iPhone directly from the App Store.
To do so, open the App Store>> Updates>> Update All
But one thing you need to pay attention to is that Apple has dropped 32-bit app support in iOS 11, that means all the old apps that were not updated to 64-bit will no longer run on any device upgraded to iOS 11. Before updating, please go to Settings>General>About>Applications make sure your apps are 32 bit or not. If not, please do not perform the update for the time being. If you're worried that some of the favorite apps won't make the jump to iOS 11, you shouldn't be. Either developers will finally update them to 64-bit shortly,
In most cases, reinstalling the WhatApp is helpful to fix WhatsApp crashed after iOS 11/12 update issue. You just need to delete it from your iPhone first, then download and install it again. To do so:
- Step 1: Go to the Home screen, press and hold the icon of the app you want to delete
- Step 2: The apps on the Home screen will start to jiggle, tap the X icon on WhatsApp and hit Delete to confirm.
- Step 3: Then go to App store to find WhatsApp as well as complete download and installation.
For more ways to delete app from your iOS device, please refer to Top 4 Ways to Delete Apps from iPhone SE/6s/6s Plus/6 Plus/6/5s/5c/5
Nothing helps? You can restore your iPhone to factory settings as a last resort. If you are going to do this, make sure to backup your data as all your settings and data (including all your apps) will be deleted.
Here is how to erase all content and settings:
- Step 1: Go to Settings>>General>>Reset>>Erase all content and settings
- Step 2: Then enter your passcode, tap Erase iPhone to confirm your action. After that, you iPhone is being set up as a new device.
6. Using Tenorshare ReiBoot to Fix WhatsApp Keeps Crashing after Updating to iOS 12/11 (No Data Loss)
If you didn't make backup for your device before iOS update and you do not want to lose your precious data, then you still have another option to fix WhatsApp keeps crashing issue—using a third-party iOS update issue repair tool Tenorshare ReiBoot, which specializes in fixing various kinds of iOS issues during /after update without stuck and data loss.
To get started, please download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot to your PC/Mac.
- Step 1: Run Tenorshare ReiBoot and connect your iOS device to computer. Then select "Fix All iOS Stuck" from the main interface.
- Step 2: Next, click on "Fix Now(All iOS 11 Stuck)" to proceed.
- Step 3: Now click "Download" button to have the firmware package downloaded as the repair drive.
- Step 4: After downloading. Click "Start Repair" to fix your WhatsApp crashing issue by repairing operating system.
This is all ahout iOS 11 and iOS 12 WhatsApp problems and fixes. Above all are experienced solutions for common WhatsApp issues you may encounter after updating to iOS 11/12 on iPhone/ iPad. If you have lost your important data when you fix your those WhatsApp issues , then we strongly suggest you to find them back with a professional iOS data recovery tool — Tenorshare UltData, which can help you find all you lost back instantly from your iPhone, iPad. So do not hesitate to give it a free try.