Top 3 Ways to Fix iOS Update Stuck on Installation
"I try to upgrade iOS 13 on my iPhone 6S/7/8/X. But there is a problem now. Since yesterday it's stuck on the installation. Only the apple logo and installation bar is there. But it's not moving even a single bit."
Recently, some people complained that their iPhone stuck on loading screen during iOS 13/12.4 update. The reasons for iOS installation stuck can be network problem, server busy, shortage of memory or software issue. Some users are frustrated when this issue occurred as they got nothing to do with it. Luckily, we've gathered 4 useful ways to help people fix iOS 13/12.4 stuck on downloading and installing effectively.
- Solution 1: Force Restart iPhone to Fix iOS 13/12.4 Installing Stuck
- Solution 2: Fix iPhone Stuck During iOS 13/12.4 Update by Recovery Mode
- Solution 3: Fix iOS 13/12.4 Hangs on Installing without Data Loss
When iPhone iOS update stuck on loading bar, the first possible fix is reboot your device. To do this, press and hold the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, when the Apple Logo appears, release both buttons. For iPhone 7 and newer, press and hold the Sleep button and Volume Down buttons on the device for 10 seconds to restart it.
Sometimes you can fix iPhone software update frozen/stuck on installing easily by putting the device into recovery mode. It's pretty simple to enter recovery mode on iPhone:
- Open iTunes and hold the Home button as you connect the device to computer
- Release Home button when there's a pop-out message saying your device is in recovery mode
Or you can use another iTunes alternative named Tenorshare ReiBoot, a free tool to put iPhone into recovery mode and then bring it back to normal with only one click. You can try it according to the instructions below:
- Download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on computer, run the program and connect iPhone to PC. Click "Enter Recovery Mode” once your device is detected
- Now you can get your device out of recovery mode simply by clicking "Exit Recovery Mode” from the interface
If you haven't backed up your device, restore in iTunes will erase all the precious files. That's why we recommend you to fix iOS 13/12.4 stuck on updating by repairing system with ReiBoot Pro. Tenorshare ReiBoot Pro is able to fix any server iOS stuck, including iOS update stuck on downloading/installing, iPhone is unresponsive and black screen, iPhone apple logo stuck etc.
- Click "Fix All iOS Stuck" and then you'll enter a new page informing the device is connected. Start repairing process by clicking "Fix now".
- Now you can click "Start” to download the firmware. You'll be asked to choose a path to save the firmware package before starting download
- When the download process ends, the program will repair iOS system automatically. Within minutes, your device will reboot to normal.
After going through the solutions above, you must have a clear picture about how to fix iOS 12 stuck on installation. For any other problems you meet when update to iOS 11 like iOS 12 boot loop or battery issues, please refer to Top 30 iOS 12 Update Problems and Fixes.
iOS 13 users can visit Top 59 iOS 13 Update Problems and Fixes.