How to Downgrade iOS 11.2 to iOS 11.1 on iPhone without Using iTunes
iOS 11.2 is quickly launched to improve performance and fix potential bugs. However, it doesn't seem to satisfy all. Some users reported unexpected system crashes after upgrade. If it's the case, downgrading iOS 11.2 Beta back to iOS 11.1/11.0.3 is a feasible way. In this post, you will see how to go back to iOS 11 from iOS 11.2 Beta without iTunes.
Before You Remove iOS 11.2 Beta from iPhone, iPad
There are two things you should know before degrading iPhone/iPad from iOS 11.2 to iOS 11.1 or earlier versions.
- 1. Downgrading iOS software may erase all contents from your device. Make sure you have backed up everything before proceeding.
- 2. Early in October, Apple has stopped signing iOS 11.0 and iOS 10.3.3 (iOS 10.3.3 still available for iPhone 6s, however), which means it's less likely to return to iOS 11.1 lower firmware. Currently you can only downgrade iPhone from iOS 11.2 Beta to: iOS 11.1, iOS 11.0.3, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.1.
How to Downgrade iOS 11.2 Beta without iTunes?
Many methods are provided to restore iPhone from iOS 11.2 Beta to iOS 11.1, among which the easiest and safest way is to use Tenorshare ReiBoot. Compared with iTunes, the greatest advantage of Tenorshare ReiBoot is that it's seemly impossible to lose your data during downgrade. Without being professional level, you can reinstall iOS 11.1 on iPhone/iPad in 3 steps. It's worth mentioning that ReiBoot also works to downgrade iOS 12.
1. Connect your iPhone/iPad with Tenorshare ReiBoot after installation on PC/Mac. Select Fix All iOS Stuck to start.
2. Click Fix Now and go to Download the Firmware Package Online. By default Tenorshare ReiBoot will provide with newest official iOS firmware, or you can manually import the desired version if you already had one by clicking the Select button below.
3. As long as the iOS 11.1 firmware is ready, click Start Repair to continue. Leave your iPhone/iPad alone till the downgrade process finishes.
Video Guide on How to Downgrade iOS 11.2 Beta to iOS 11.1 without Losing Data
If you are still concern about downgrading iOS 11.2 Beta on your device, you can refer to below video guide.