[Solved] iOS 10 Update Stuck at "Slide to Upgrade" Screen
"My iPhone 6s is stuck on Slide to Update screen during iOS 10 update and it won't update or backup on iTunes. What can I do?"
iOS 10 official update available for a few days and some users faced a few problems such as iPhone freezes during update or iOS 10 update stuck on "Slide to Upgrade Screen".
This is not a widespread issue but if you happen to be the unlucky one, here we get the common fixes for iPhone stuck in slide to upgrade screen during iOS 10 update.
Method 1: Restore Your iPhone, iPad from iTunes Backup
If you made an iTunes backup of your device before updating to iOS 10, this is the most common way to save your iPhone, iPad from stuck on slide to upgrade screen.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. Select your device.
- Click on "Restore Backup" and select the backup file to start restore.
Method 2: Fix iOS 10 Update Stuck with Recovery Mode
However, method 1 doesn't work for all people especially those who enabled "Find my iPhone". Then you need to use Recovery Mode to get your device out of iOS 10 stuck. Free Tenorshare ReiBoot is a free program to fix iPhone, iPad stuck on "Slide to Upgrade Screen" during iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3/11 installation by entering and exiting Recovery Mode.
- Download free Tenorshare ReiBoot and install on your computer. Connect your iDevice to computer.
- As Tenorshare ReiBoot detects your device, click "Enter Recovery Mode" button to start entering into recovery mode. After a while, you will see your device display the classic USB to iTunes logo.
- Finally, click on "Exit Recovery Mode" button to force reboot your device. After the rebooting process, your iOS Device is already back to normal state.
Method 3: Repair Operating System with Tenorshare iCareFone
If Recovery Mode still can't save your iPhone, repair operating system will be your final solution. Tenorshare iCareFone is an all-in-one iOS system care tool that provides an easy way to fix all iOS stuck problems. It supports all iOS systems and all iOS devices, including iOS 10/9/8/7 and iPhone X/8/7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5/5s/5c, etc.
- Run Tenorshare iCareFone and connect your iPhone with the computer. Select "Repair Operating System" function on the main interface.
- Download the firmware package to your computer. If you have downloaded the firmware, please choose "Import the Firmware Package Manually" to import it.
- Select a recovery mode to repair your iPhone. There are two repair mode: Standard Repair and Deep Repair. Choose one and click Next to go on.
- Now the iOS repair will start and the iPhone will enter Recovery mode. Please do not do anything with your device. After the repairing process, your iPhone will automatically restart and everything will get back to normal.
Hope our tips will solve your problems. If you still can't fix iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3 stuck in slide to upgrade screen or have any other solutions to solve this issue, please leave a comment at the comment place below.