How to Fix iPhone Headphones Not Working After iOS 10.3 Update
“Why won’t my headphones work on my iPhone? I have an iPhone 7 and I updated to iOS 10.3 yesterday. After then, my 3.5 mm apple earphone I use with lighting to earphone connector showing error that “This accessory is not supported by this iPhone”. Same problem with my friend’s iPhone 7.”
There are many bugs reported by users after updating iPhone to the latest iOS 10.3. iPhone not recognizing headphones is one of the most common complained problems. Some people try to fix this error by restarting their devices or updating to iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2, but the results are not that satisfying. Here we’ve gathered all the possible solutions for you to fix iPhone headphones not working for phone calls, music or Skype after update to iOS 11/10.3 quickly.
- Part 1: Common Ways to Fix iPhone Headphones Don’t Work
- Part 2: Ultimate Solution to Fix iOS 10.3 Headphone Not Working
- Clean headphone jack. Make sure there’s no dirt or debris in earphone port
- Turn up the volume. Sometimes iPhone headphone no vocal is because it was in silent mode
- Try the other original headphone. The headphone will not work can be caused by the poor connection of the inner wire in many circumstances
- Check AirPlay Output. One potential cause is that audio is being sent to an AirPlay, so go to control panel and disable it
- Turn off Bluetooth. If you've connected your iPhone to a Bluetooth device like a speaker, it's possible the audio is still going there
- When the error message appears on the screen, dismiss it and then turn on Airplane mode in your device. Turn off iPhone and turn it on again after 1 minute
- Restore iPhone with iTunes. This is the easiest way to solve a lot of iOS problems, but will also erase all the previous data on the device
If the iPhone headphone is still no audio or volume after trying the solutions above, it might be some system conflict or software error. Try Free Tenorshare ReiBoot, professional iOS system caring tool to put iPhone into recovery mode for troubleshooting and then bring your device back to normal with one simple click.
- Free download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer, connect iOS device to PC and run the program. Once the device is detected, click “Enter Recovery Mode” from the interface
- When iPhone gets into recovery mode successfully, click “Exit Recovery Mode” to get iPhone back to normal status quickly.
Your device should work now. However, if you are in a sever situation and the headset doesn’t work on iPhone or iPod after recovery mode restore, you need to get a system repair to fix this error completely.
- Switch to “Fix All iOS Stuck” on Tenorshare ReiBoot and then click “Repair Now” to start system repairing
- Before repair, download the matching firmware package and choose a location on your computer to save it
- After downloading, the software will begin to repair operating system automatically. Within several minutes, you device will reboot as a new one
With the above methods, how to fix headphone doesn't work problem on iPhone will never become an issue for you anymore. For any further questions like iPhone headphone not detected or stuck on headphone mode after iOS 11/10 update, don’t hesitate to contact us.