iMessage Not Working on iOS 10? 5 Ways to Fix
Apple Inc. released the new operating system iOS 10 on Sep.13, 2016. And from then, many users have already upgraded their iDevice to have a rich message experience that includes emoji, invisible ink, animated backgrounds, digital touch, bubble effects, and more. However, the new iOS also has some update problems. Many users have reported that sometimes iMessage not working on iOS 10, or worse, several members in the Apple community even said that they cannot activate iMessages on iPhone let alone send and receive messages/iMessgaes.
To help people get rid of message app crashes on iPhone and fix more iMessage problems, we’ve rounded up the most common but effective methods. Just follow this post to repair iMessage not working on iPhone X/8/7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6s Plus/6/6Plus/5s as well as iPad and iPod.
- Part 1: iOS 10 iMessage Not Sending Messages
- Part 2: iMessages Effects Not Working in iOS 10
- Part 3: iMessage Fail to Activate or Waiting for Activation After iOS 10 Update
- Part 4: iOS 10 Messages Not Opening After Update
- Part 5: Message App Crashes on iPhone After Update to iOS 10
Sometimes you just received a message from your friends but failed to reply as the messages cannot be delivered. The fix is:
Simply Tap > General > Reset > choose Reset Network Settings
Or: change your DNS settings and try again if this fix iPhone imessage problem. To do this, tap Settings > Wi-Fi. Locate your wireless connection then tap the (i) button. Now tap the DNS field and enter 184.108.40.206.
iMessage effects not working on iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3/11 is also one of the most common complaints. If this issue occurs on your device, the first thing you need to do is to check both you and the message recipient are running iOS 10. If you still cannot fix this, you may have to disable Reduce Motion setting, which is the simplest way of fixing iOS 10 iMessage screen effects not working .
- Go to “Settings” and then choose “Accessibility”, click “Reduce Motion”
- Turn off the Reduce Motion setting and exit
- Now try to send messages to see if you can get screen and bubble effects
Sometimes you may see an error saying that iMessage waiting for activation on your iPhone/iPad. Before activation, Make sure Date & Time are correct and you’ve connected to W-Fi, then do the following stepsto fix this error:
- Go to Settings ->Message, scroll down to where it says “Send & Receive” and tap on it
- Tap on the Apple ID and then press Sign Out
- Switch off iMessage, wait for a while and then switch on iMessage
- Enter your Apple ID details now and try to reactivate iMessage
Some people pointed out that after iOS 10 update, their Message app not opening on iPhone. If you have the same problem, try this way:
- Uninstall your iMessage app and install it again
- Hard reboot your device and restart message application
- Restore your iPhone, make sure to back up your data before restoring
This is usually not easy for users to repair by themselves. Luckily, you can use a third part tool to get away from all the crashing and freezing issues, and Tenorshare iCareFone - best iPhone system fixing software deserve to be your first choice. Follow the step to get your iMessage back to work again.
- Connect your iPhone to computer and run the software, select “Repair Operating System” on the main interface and then click “Browse” to select a save path. And then start to download the firmware package.
- Choose a recovery mode. Usually the standard mode is recommended as it is able to fix almost all the crashing issues. You can also choose the deep repair mode to get a more comprehensive fixing.
- Click “Next” to start the repairing process. The whole process will take a few minutes and after that, your iPhone will restart automatically. Then you can see iMessage not working, sending or receiving problems are gone.
Now open your iMessage, have fun with emojis and experience all the new features after iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3/11 update. If the methods mentioned have really helped you get iMessage problems fixed, please share with your friends. If you still have any problems or you get any better ideas, feel free to leave us comments.