Ways on How to Restore Contacts from iCloud
It is a situation we often find ourselves into. You accidentally deleted a contact, and now you need it. You need to call a friend or a colleague, and you just cannot find their phone. Of course you have it in your iCloud backup, but how to restore contacts from iCloud? Well, today, we will talk about five ways you can do just that.
No matter if you deleted your contacts accidentally or willingly, you can restore them as long as you've created a backup in your iCloud. Or even when you transfer from one iPhone to another, you can restore contacts seamlessly.
- Part 1: Preview and Selectively Recover Contacts from iCloud Backup Files(Easist way)
- Part 2: Sync all Contacts from iCloud on your iPhone Directly(A normal iOS device is required)
- Part 3: Restore Contacts with a iCloud Backup(A normal iOS device is required)
- Bonus Tips: How to Backup your iOS Data whithout Storage Limited
Part 1: Preview and Selectively Recover Contacts from iCloud Backup Files(Easist way)
UltData is an application that can help you recover all data from your iCloud account. One of the main benefits is that unlike iCloud, you can preview the items before you restore. With that in mind, here is a guide how to restore contacts and other data from iCloud backup.
1. Switch to "Recover from iCloud Backup File" after downloading the program UltData, then sign using your Apple ID account.
2. Choose the specific iCloud backup you want to use. Once you sign in, you will be presented with a list of all backups associated with your Apple ID. Check the details and choose the one you need and click "Next" to continue.
3. The file types Contacts is under the section Message & Call Log. You can check all boxes, but if you want to speed up the process, click only the file types "Contacts", then tap the button "Next".
4. Once the scan process is completed, you can preview all detailed contacts, choose the right one to recover (Contacts can be retrieved to both device and computer).
Part 2: Sync all Contacts from iCloud on your iPhone Directly(A normal iOS device is required)
When Apple introduced iCloud, one of the main benefits was that you can sync data automatically between all of your Apple devices. That means between your iPhone and computer. The downside of this method is that it doesn't merge contacts. But, you cannot select which contacts you want to restore back to your iPhone. Instead, you will get all contacts from the backup you are recovering from. Here is a guide.
- 1. Go to Settings, select iCloud, and ensure that you are logged with your Apple ID.
- 2. Contacts is usually turned on. Toggle to turn it off, and then choose "Keep on My iPhone".
- 3. Just turn Contacts on, and choose "Merge".
Turn off and then on Contacts will utilize the syncing feature of iCloud. Once you turn on, your contacts should show up, as long as you had a previous backup to iCloud.
Part 3: Restore Contacts with a iCloud Backup(A normal iOS device is required)
Another way to restore iPhone contacts from iCloud is to utilize the backup feature. But, you have to worry about erasing all existing contents.
- 1. The first thing you need to do is erasing all content. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- 2. Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your iPhone, and then select "Restore from iCloud Backup". You will need to log in with your iCloud username, and select the right backup you want to use.
Bonus Tips: Bonus Tips: How to Backup your iOS Data whithout Storage Limited
We hope that we answered the question how to get my contacts from iCloud, and how to restore contacts on iPhone from iCloud. We also want to introduce a free backup application - iCareFone to you, which is great for creating a free backup of your iPhone/iPad on PC or Mac. Because iCloud gives you only 5GB storage, it is nice to have another backup option. Here are some features of iCareFone:
- - Free backup
- - Transfer files between iOS devices and iTunes
- - Merge same contacts info on your phone
- - Individually or batch add contacts
- - 1 click syncing between devices
- - Transfer files between devices without Apple ID restriction
- - Clear files display for you to preview and organize effortesly
- - Transfer important files to iPhone, iPad, or export to PC/Mac in just 1 click