How to Manage iCloud Photos, Best 7 Tips You Can't Miss
In this article, we will tell you everything about iCloud and how you can manage your pictures using it. Also, we will share some tips that you can use to recover your images. So, without wasting any time, let’s get started!
Part 1: What is iCloud?
iCloud is a cloud computing service that is provided by Apple. Using it, you can easily sync your data. Whether you want to store your images or important contacts, iCloud is the best option for you. It is easily manageable from iOS and Mac devices.
Part 2: How to Access iCloud Photos?
iCloud provides various options to access iCloud photos. You can easily use your PC and even Mac to see the images. Apart from that, it can easily sync with the entire Apple’s native applications, including books, Find My, contacts, and much more.
Furthermore, you can use four different ways to access iCloud photos. These ways are mentioned below.
- Download iCloud App
- Use Windows and Mac versions to open iCloud
- Go to www.icloud.com and check your images
If you don’t know how to manage iCloud photos on PC and Mac, don't worry; we have mentioned all the details below. This process will guide you on how to manage iCloud photos on Mac and Windows.
Part 3: How to Manage iCloud Photos?
How to manage photos in iCloud? Here are 5 different ways that you can use to manage photos in iCloud. All these methods are easy and don’t require any technical skills. Continue reading to find how to manage your photos in iCloud.
- 3.1 How to Upload Photos to iCloud?
- 3.2 How to Delete Photos from iCloud?
- 3.3 How to Download Photos from iCloud?
- 3.4 How to Recover Photos without iCloud Backup?
- 3.5 How to Manage iCloud Photo Storage
3.1 How to Upload Photos to iCloud?
How to manage iCloud photos on an iPhone? Managing photos on an iPhone using iCloud is simple. But you must have to follow the right method to upload it first. Here is how you can upload photos to iCloud using an iPhone.
- First, go to your device settings and select your name.
- Now, click on iCloud and select the photos option to turn on iCloud photos. Note: Make sure that the icon of iCloud photo sharing is green.
- You will be given two ways to store the images; optimize iPhone storage and download and keep originals.
- Once you have selected the right option, now turn on iCloud photo sharing. This option will help you upload all the images to iCloud. However, make sure your WiFi is ON; otherwise, pictures will not be uploaded.
- If you want to clean up iCloud photos, check the method below.
3.2 How to Delete Photos from iCloud?
How to empty my iCloud photos? Here is the procedure that you can use to clean up iCloud photos on Mac, Windows, and iPhone.
Open the browser, and under location, select the iCloud Drive option.
- Now, select the images or folders that you want to delete.
- Click the delete option. Your images will be deleted from the iCloud driver.
- Open the Apple menu, and select the “System Preferences” option.
- Now, click Apple ID and select the “iCloud” option.
- After that, hit the “Manage” option and select the Photo that you want to delete.
- Once you have selected the photo, click the “Delete” option.
- For PC, you have to first download the iCloud application.
- After downloading it, sign in with your Apple ID and now turn on the iCloud driver.
- Now, select the folder or image that you want to delete.
- Click the “Delete” option.
Apart from these methods, you can go to www.icloud.com and directly delete the images from there.
3.3 How to Download Photos from iCloud?
Here is how you can download photos from iCloud.
- Open icloud.com on your device and click photos.
- Now, select the image that you want to download. In case you want to download multiple images, click “Select All” for that.
- After selecting the photo, click the more option, and you will see the download button.
- Click it, and your images will be ready to download.
Mac & PC:
- Go to icloud.com from your PC or Mac.
- Add your login details to sign in.
- From the dashboard, select the image that you want to download.
- Now click the download button. Within a few seconds, your image will be downloaded.
3.4 How to Recover Deleted Photos without iCloud Backup?
If you don’t have access to iCloud backup, don't panic; we have the perfect solution for you. Yes, without iCloud backup, you can easily get your photos back. The good news is that you don't have to pay anyone to recover your data. You can use a free tool named Tenorshare UltData - iPhone Data Recovery. This tool works for Mac, Windows. Besides, using it, you can effortlessly get your data back from your iPhone.
Here is how you can recover deleted photos using UltData.
Download the application on your device. You can download it from the official website. Select the second option, "Recover Data from iOS devices."
Make sure your device is connected to the PC. You can find the connection guide on the application screen. After your device is connected, you will see a page where you can find all the options. Select the folders that you want to scan.
To preview the folders, you can select the “Show All” option.
Once you get the photos, choose “Recover to PC” and wait for a few seconds. This is how you can get all the images back.
3.5 How to Manage iCloud Photo Storage
Managing storage in iCloud is very important if you want to store more images. Here is how you can manage iCloud photo storage on your device.
- Open your device settings and click the [your name] option.
- Now, choose iCloud and then the photos option.
- Don’t forget to turn on “iCloud Photos.”
- You will see two different options, so select “Optimize iPhone Storage.” This will manage your photos and will save you a lot of space.
That was the complete guide on how do I manage photos in iCloud. Apart from that, if you have deleted your photos and don't have an iCloud backup, you can use UltData to recover your images. This tool is easy to use and comes with lots of amazing features.