Tenorshare Windows Password Reset is an all-inclusive Windows password recovery program that can recover Windows administrator and standard user password in Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista and Windows Server 2012/2008(R2)/2003(R2). It supports Microsoft account and local account.
Follow the user guide below to learn how to reset Windows login password:
Requirements: An accessible computer; a blank CD/DVD or a USB flash drive.
1. Download Tenorshare Windows Password Reset, and then install it on the accessible computer. Insert the CD/DVD or USB to this computer.
2. Launch this software, and select your device. And then click "Burn" button to start burning an ISO image file to the CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
3. In the pop-up window, select "Yes" to go on the process. This will format your USB flash drive; make sure you have a copy of the important data stored on your USB.
4. When the bootable Windows password reset USB flash drive has been created successfully, you can take out the bootable USB flash drive.
Insert the newly burned Windows password reset disk into the password-locked computer. And set BIOS to boot it from CD/DVD or USB. After settings, your computer will attempt to login into the system burned on the password reset disk, instead of hard drive disk.
After it fully loads, you will see the interface of Tenorshare Windows Password Reset.
1. Select the Windows operating system of which log-in password you want to change, and then click "Next".
2. Select the user account to which you want to remove or change password and select one of the options provided. Then click "Next" to proceed.
Note: You will see all user names of your accounts are displayed with the passwords showing Protected or Empty. Protected means you have a password for the user name. Empty means you do not have password for the user name, you can login to the account without password.
The 4 options are: Change Windows Password, Remove Windows Password, Create a new admin account and Remove an account.
You can set a new password to replace the forgotten password. After changing, you can login your computer with the new password.
1. Select your account (including Microsoft account). Select "Change Windows Password" option and click "Next".
2. Enter your new password or use the default password "Re123456". Click "Next" to confirm.
3. Password has been changed successfully. Click "Restart" to reboot your computer.
This option will set lost or forgotten Windows local or domain password to blank. After removing, you can login Windows without any password.
1. Select your account, here you can't select Microsoft account since it can only be changed instead of removing it. Select "Remove Windows Password" option, and then click "Next".
2. It will appear the selected account, click "OK" to continue.
3. Password has been removed successfully. Click "Restart" to reboot your computer.
In this option we will create a new Windows local or domain account. After creating, you can get access to Windows with the new username and password.
1. Select "Create a new admin account" option and click "Next".
2. Enter your new account name and password, and click "Next" to go on.
3. New account has been created. Click "Restart" to reboot your computer.
You can delete an account if it is not the one you want. Before removing this account, make sure there is no important data in this account. Once removed, you will lose all information in that account.
1. Select your account and select "Remove an account" option and click "Next".
2. It shows the account you selected. Click "Next" to proceed.
3. Successfully removed the account. Click "Restart" to reboot your computer.