How to Use Samsung Data Recovery to Recover Files from Samsung Phones/Tablets
Tenorshare Samsung Data Recovery is a specifically designed tool to recover deleted or lost files from Samsung Phones and Tablets, such as Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Core 2, Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Grand, Galaxy Tab4/Tab S/Tab 3, etc. With it, retrieving lost files (including photos, contacts, videos, messages, audios, documents, call history and other files) becomes easy.
Below delivers the steps of using Tenorshare Samsung Data Recovery to recover lost files for Samsung phones and tablets in details. All steps can be summarized as 3 parts.
Part 1: Connect Samsung Phones or Tablets with PC
Launch Tenorshare Samsung Data Recovery, you will see its main interface on which two options to connect Samsung phones or tablets with PC are available.
Note: Once your Samsung device connects with PC, please don't disconnect during the recovery process, or the recovery will fail.
Option 1. Connect with USB Cable
USB Cable is the commonest way to connect Samsung phones or tablets with Windows PC. This way is allowed in this Samsung Data Recovery software.
- Select "USB Cable Connection" option and Connect Samsung Device.
Specify the option of "USB Cable Connection" on the interface and connect your Samsung phone or tablet to your PC via USB Cable.
- Enable USB Debugging
When your Samsung device is connected with PC successfully, you need to enable USB debugging and turn on USB storage. This step varies from Android versions of your Samsung device.
Android 2.3 or earlier: follow "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging"; and follow "pull down Notifications > select 'USB connected' > tap 'Turn on USB storage'" to turn on USB storage.
Android 3.0 to 4.1: follow "Settings > Developer options > USB debugging"; and turn on USB storage by following "Settings > Wireless and Network > USB utilities > Connect Storage to PC > Turn on USB storage".
Android 4.2 and later: follow "Settings > About devices > click on 'Build number' for 7 times > go back to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging".
After enabling USB debugging and turning on USB storage, click on Start button.
Option 2. Connect via Wi-Fi
This option is very useful when you have no USB Cable on hand. You just need to connect your phone or tablet with Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
- Download Tenorshare Samsung Data Recovery app from Google Play and open it on your Samsung device.
- Click "Scan QR code to connect" button on the phone.
- Hold your Samsung phone or tablet to scan the QR code on the interface of Samsung Data Recovery software. When scanning finishes successfully, your device will be connected to your PC.
Part 2: Start Scanning and Choose Files to Retrieve
After connecting your Samsung device with Windows PC, you can start scanning and select the items that you want to restore. In this part, 2 recovery modes are available. You can choose preferable one.
Mode 1. Quick Recovery
This mode enables you to scan contacts, call history, messages, photos, videos, etc. in minutes and even seconds. Following are the detailed steps of using this recovery mode.
- Choose Quick Recovery mode.
- Then the software will scan the data on your Samsung device automatically. During this process, you can pause or stop the scanning. After a short time, all categories in your phone or tablet will be displayed in the left section. You can click on the categories to preview the content of them.
- All items of the category that you choose will be listed in the right part of the interface. Here you can check the option "Only display the deleted items" to only preview the lost data. Then hit Recover button to get recovery started.
Mode 2. Deep Recovery
This mode helps you to deep scan the data in your phone or tablet, which can detect more files. But it may take more time. Please be patient.
- Select Deep Recovery mode.
- Under this mode, the recovery won't start automatically. You can select the categories that you want to recover according to your need, and then tap on Scan button to start scanning.
- When the scanning begins, you can see a process bar. Here you can pause or stop anytime.
- categories like Contacts, Call history, Messages, Photos, Videos, Audios, Documents, and Other files will be listed on the left section. Tap on the category and you can see all items of it in the right section. You are allowed to choose to only display the deleted items. Then you can tap on Recover button to retrieve selected items.
Part 3: Save Recovered Items
Once you tap on the "Recover" button, a window will pop out to save your recovered items. You are free to change the destination folder and these items' format.
That's all for the guide on how to recover lost data from Samsung phones/tablets with Samsung Data Recovery.
Want to recover lost data from other Android devices, such as HTC, Motarola, LG, etc.? Tenorshare Android Data Recovery or Tenorshare Android Data Recovery Pro can give you more rights to recover files from all kinds of Android devices.