How to Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10
Read this article to learn how to create a bootable USB flash drive for Windows 10 and the steps to set boot menu to boot Windows 10 from USB drive.
- Part 1: How to Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive for Windows 10
- Part 2: Guide to boot from a USB Drive at Boot on Windows 10 PC
Windows 10 is now available for download. You can automatically update to the Windows 10 or you can make a bootable disk to install Windows 10 on one or more PCs in a hurry. What is more, we suggest you create a bootable disk in case you need a fresh install when there is problem with the computer, such as forgotten login password, blue screen of death, boot crash, etc.
There are two choices for you to create a bootable USB:
- Option One: Use Windows Boot Genius to burn a bootable USB drive With One Click.
- Option Two: Create a Bootable USB drive by downloading official Windows 10 Media Creation tool.
Windows Boot Genius integrates a default ISO image file to burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive directly.
Step 1: Download and Install Windows Boot Genius to an accessible PC, connect a USB drive to USB port.
Note: The USB stick will be formatted which causes all data lost, therefore you’d better prepare a blank USB or backup the data first.
Step 2: Choose USB Flash Drive option and click “Burn” to start creating the bootable disk.
More details click here. This PC tool allows you to fix all PC booting problems like booting failure, Blue Screen of Death, Black Screen of Death, freezing, crash and more.
Step 2: Launch the media creation tool, select “Create installation media for another PC” in the provided options.
Step 3: On the next screen, select preferred language, relevant windows 10 edition and architecture. Click “Next”.
Step 4: Select USB flash drive and insert your USB flash drive to the computer USB port. Click “Next” to start burning the Windows 10 bootable drive.
If you have created a bootable USB drive for Windows 10, follow the steps below to change boot sequence to USB drive in Windows 10 boot menu.
1) Connect a bootable USB flash drive to a USB port on your Windows 10 PC.
2) Turn on PC or restart it if you already turned it on.
3) Press F11 (or F2, F8) in the boot screen to enter Boot Menu.
4) In Boot Menu screen, navigate to choose the USB drive you want to boot from.
That is the whole instructions to make a bootable USB flash drive for Windows 10 and how to boot from a USB drive in Windows 10.