[Fixed] iTunes Cannot Run Because Some of Its Files Are Missing
Have you had a problem similar to this in the recent past? The first time you try to start iTunes on your computer, a message displays saying that iTunes cannot run because some of its necessary files are missing.
Many people have increasingly faced this issue online, and we thought it was necessary to take it upon ourselves to create a helpful post for our viewers. This post will go through detailed information about solving this issue by using iCareFone or using other alternative methods and tools.
I. Why iTunes Cannot Run after Updating to The Latest Version
The removal of iTunes and associated software components may be required before you can reinstall iTunes or install iTunes from the Microsoft Store. This is an extremely uncommon occurrence. Whether AppleCare, an article, or perhaps an alert popup instructs you to reinstall iTunes, you may complete the process by following the instructions outlined here.
By default, any media you purchase from the iTunes Store or any music you import from CDs are stored in your My Music folder on your computer. When you uninstall iTunes, they will not be erased. However, it is very unlikely that you will lose any of your iTunes Library content if you follow the instructions outlined below. It is always a good idea to create frequent backups of your iTunes library.
II. Get Rid of iTunes Cannot Run Required Files Missing Error in 5 Ways
Since we know what are the reasons for getting these issues. Let's start putting forward the solutions to this issue.
1. Repair iTunes Error with iCareFone
What most people suggest is to reinstall iTunes on your computer. Reinstalling iTunes, on the other hand, does not seem to resolve the issue. It also occurs on the Microsoft Store edition of the software. One of the most straightforward is the first one. You may correct the problem utilizing Tenorshare iCareFone.
Here's a video tutorial to show how to fix the iTunes error with iCareFone.
- After installation, launch iCareFone on your PC. Then connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Make your way over to the iTunes 12.12 icon, which should be adjacent to your iPhone.
- Choose "repair" from the menu.
So, let's have a look at it. And iTunes is now operational as of this morning.
2. Uninstall iTunes and Install An Earlier Version of iTunes
The next step is to reinstall an earlier version of the iTunes software.
- To start, we will open the control panel. To uninstall an application, you may select this option from the drop-down menu.
- Locate iTunes in the list and click on it to remove it.
- After that, remove anything else that has Apple Inc as a publisher on it.
- Now we go to the iTunes download page. Install an earlier version of iTunes that is compatible with your machine. After that, you may proceed to install it.
It may ask you if you wish to upgrade to a newer version; ignore this prompt. Then everything would be just great, right?
Note: you need to remove and Reinstall iTunes and Related Software Components.
3. Change System Language to English
The system language often causes this; therefore, changing it to English may be the solution to the problem. To do this,
- Go to Settings > Time and Language > and change the display language of the Windows operating system to English.
Then sign in to Windows once again to let the change take effect.
4. Use the Microsoft Store version of iTunes
If you are experiencing difficulties with the Apple website version, the Microsoft store version may be a viable alternative.
- You can locate iTunes on the Microsoft Store, and then you can go ahead and download and install it.
- This update will replace any previous versions that are currently installed on your computer.
- After that, you should have no difficulty opening it at all. It's as simple as that.
So, folks, here is how you may repair your iTunes if it cannot operate on your computer anymore.
5. Update Your Windows Version
Important updates are automatically installed by Windows Update as soon as they become available.
Select the Start button, then Settings > Update & security > Windows Update from the pull menu.
- If you wish to check for updates manually, choose to Check for updates from the drop-down menu.
Select Advanced Settings, and then, under 'Choose how updates are installed,' choose 'Automatic updates to be installed automatically' (recommended).
III. Still Getting iTunes Cannot Run Message? Try to Use iTunes Alternative Tool
The majority of iOS users use iTunes to back up their iPhones. However, this procedure may be very time-consuming due to the fact that iTunes often encounters problems such as iTunes error 4000 or iTunes cannot operate. In such a situation, we suggest that you use Tenorshare iCareFone instead of iTunes.
Connect the device to the computer
Make a selection of files.
Finished with the backup
The Advantage of Tenorshare iCareFone Compared with iTunes
- Simple one-click backup and export of chosen files to PC
- Restore specific files from iPhone
- It does more than just transfer.