New Ways to Remove Virus from Android Phone/Tablet in 2020
With the rise in technological advancements, there is not a single person who does not use a smartphone for everyday convenience. Out of all the smartphones, the ones operating on the Android operating system are the most commonly used ones.
If you notice that your Android phone or tablet is showing functional errors or is not performing as fast as it used to, there may be a possibility that your device may be infected with malware or some other kind of virus.
If you suspect that something like this is happening with your device, the only way to get your device functioning normally again is by removing the virus. This article details the different ways in which you can easily remove virus from Android phone or tablet.
- Part 1: The Symbol of There is Virus in Your Android Device
- Part 2: What's the Harm of Virus
- Part 3: How to Remove Virus from Android Phone (Common Ways and the Easiest Way)
- Part 4: How to Protect Your Android from Virus
Part 1. The Symbol of There is Virus in Your Android Device
There are a few symbols or symptoms shown by your Android device which can be an indicator of a virus in your device and you need to remove virus from phone. Some of these signs are listed below.
- You may notice that your Android device is making phone calls and sending out SMSs on its own.
- Suddenly a lot of your mobile data is being used, and it is not by you.
- Your device’s battery is dying faster than usual.
- The performance of your device has deteriorated drastically and is running slow or lagging in response.
- While using your phone or tablet, suddenly an unwanted app may launch on its own.
- With just normal usage of your phone, it may be getting overheated.
If your Android phone or tablet displays such signs, it may be possible that it is due to a virus attack and to solve this you need to remove virus from Android mobile as soon as possible.
Part 2. What's the Harm of Virus
Virus on your phone or tablet can be pretty dangerous. It can cause the following harmful effects due to which you need to remove virus from Android with PC.
- The data stored on your phone or tablet can get messed up.
- Since it uses up an unnecessary amount of mobile data, it can result in you getting random charges on your phone bill.
- Private information which would be stored on your phone or which you type on it like your bank account number, an account password, etc, can be hacked easily.
- Your credit or debit card information can also be hacked.
- Certain viruses can also detect your location, as well.
You, of course, would not want such harm to you or your phone, this is why it is necessary to remove virus from Android device as soon as possible.
Part 3. How to Remove Virus from Android Phone
There are different ways in which you can remove the virus from your Android phone or tablet. Some of the methods to know how to remove virus on Android phone are given below.
Quick Fixes: 5 Common Tips to Remove Virus from Android Phone
1. Delete Infected Apps
There might be an app which you may have installed by clicking on a pop-up which may have triggered the issue of malware attack. If you have recently downloaded an app and after that, the phone has started malfunctioning, you can follow the below steps to know how to delete virus from Android phone by removing the infected apps.
- Locate the app which you suspect, tap and hold the app for a few seconds and then drag it at the top of the screen where you see “Uninstall” option.
- You can also go to the “Settings” option from the main menu and tap on “Apps & Notifications”.
- Tap on the app which you wish to delete and then tap on “Uninstall”.
Restart your phone after this and check if the problem persists.
2. Clear Cache
The virus can also be due to the pop-ups while browsing online through a web browser on your phone. You can know how to delete virus from Android by clearing the cache in the following way.
- From “Settings”, go to “Apps & Notifications”.
- Select “Chrome” or the browser you use from here.
- Navigate to “Storage” and then tap on “Clear Cache”.
This should solve the problem on your phone misbehaving due to a virus.
3. Reboot in Safe Mode
You can also diagnose the data and files stored in your phone for viruses by booting your phone in Safe Mode. You can know how to remove virus from phone Android by booting it in Safe Mode in the following way.
- Press and hold the “Power” button of your device.
- After seeing the “Power Off” and “Restart” option, hold the “Power” button again.
- You will see a window “Reboot in safe mode” on the screen, tap on “OK”.
Restart your phone after this and check if the problem persists.You can now easily spot the files and apps causing the issue on your phone due to a virus and remove virus on Android effectively.
4. Use an Antivirus App
You can also make use of an antivirus app which can effectively scan the files and apps stored in your phone and delete the ones which are infected with the virus Here are the steps to follow to know how to fix virus on Android phone using an antivirus app.
- Go to “Play Store” from the main menu.
- Select a good antivirus app with good ratings and tap on “Install”.
- Once installed, follow the on-screen instructions to scan all the files on your device and detect the ones with the virus.
You can then delete the files and apps with the virus and restore the functionality of your Android phone.
5. Factory Reset Phone
If nothing else works, you can factory reset your phone to get rid of the virus. You can know how do you remove virus from Android phone by factory resetting phone in the following way.
- From the main menu, go to “Settings”.
- Scroll down to “Backup & reset”.
- Tap on “Factory data reset”.
Once done, your phone will reboot, and you can restore the files you need from the backup which you may have created.
Quick Fixes: The Easiest Way - Use Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android to Remove Virus on Android
Instead of trying out the above ways to know how to remove virus from Android device, try a sure-shot way of removing the virus from your device effectively. For knowing how do I clean viruses off my Android phone easily, you can make use of Tenorshare ReiBoot Android system repairer which is an excellent tool to remove the virus and improve your device’s performance. To know how to remove virus app from Android by removing the files with virus on your system and fix the functionality of your Android device, you can use this tool in the following way.
After installing the tool, launch the program, connect your Android device to the computer and click on “Repair Android System” from the main interface.
Click on “Repair Now” from the next window.
Pick the right details of your device from the drop-down menu and click on “Next”.
Download the firmware package and then click on “Repair Now”.
You will get notified once the repair is done and you can then start using your phone normally again after you remove virus from Android phone this way.
Part 4. How to Protect Your Android from Virus
Once you remove virus from Android phone free, to protect your device from any future virus attacks, you need to undertake the following measures.
- Avoid installing apps which are not in Google Play Store.
- Do not install cloned apps.
- Check the app permissions before installing the app.
- Keep your Android phone or tablet up to date.
- Install a reliable and effective antivirus app.
This way, you can ensure that your Android phone or tablet does not get affected by a virus again.
Virus attacks on Android devices are pretty common since not many users pay enough attention to protecting their phones. You need to remove virus from Android tablet or phone for it to function normally.
From the above-mentioned points, you can easily find out if your Android device has a virus and since you now know what harm it can cause you need to remove virus from Android phone (pop-up ads and adware) as soon as possible.
Although all the above methods to remove virus from Android free are effective, the most effective way to remove virus from Android phone using PC is by using Tenorshare ReiBoot Android system repairer.