How to Recover Deleted Google History on Android
How to recover deleted history on Android? The browser history of our phone is helpful when we aim to access a website that had valuable data quickly. Sometimes, we unintentionally delete all the data of our in-built apps such as the Chrome browser. Doing this results in the direct deletion of browser history and account data that contains that history. Hence, it is necessary to know. Read the below article to know how to recover deleted Google history on Android.
- Part 1. Check If You Enabled the “Web & App Activity”
- Part 2. Recover Deleted Chrome History from Google Account
- Part 3. Frequently Asked Questions about Android Browsing History
- Bonus Tip: How to Recover Deleted Data from Android Phone without Backup
Part 1. Check If You Enabled the “Web & App Activity”
This solution to know how to find deleted history on cell phone is suitable for Google Chrome users who have enabled Google sync that will sync all browsing history in Chrome. If users have a Google account and have enabled Google sync, follow the below steps to know how to recover deleted internet history on google browser:
- Open Google Chrome browser on your android and enter this URL: https://www.google.com/settings.
- Doing so will take you to the Google Accounts page.
- Click on the “Data & Personalization” section.
Scroll down and ensure if the “Web & App Activity” is turned on or not.
Part 2. Recover Deleted Chrome History from Google Account
If you have enabled Google synchronization on your Android, then it will sync every data in the Chrome browser on all your devices that you use. Via your Google account, you can recover your data back quickly to the Android device immediately. Follow the below method to know how to recover deleted browser history on Android.
- Open the Chrome app on your Android device and enter the following URL: https://www.google.com/settings/
- Go to your Google account credentials and click on the "Data & Personalization" option
- Click the view all option under the "Things you create and do" tab and search for Google Chrome's icon
Click on it and then click the "Download Data" button to retrieve the deleted browsing history and bookmarks.
Part 3. Frequently Asked Questions about Android Browsing History
1.How do I delete Google history on my Android phone?
Follow the below steps to know how to delete Google history on Android:
- Open the Chrome app.
- Click the More option at the top right and click History.
- Swipe up on the address bar if your address bar is at the bottom. Click History.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Besides "Time range," choose how much history you wish to delete.
- To clear all, click All time.
- Tick off "Browsing history." Untick any other data you do not wish to delete.
- Click Clear data.
2.How do I get Google to stop showing previous searches?
Follow the below steps to know how to clear recent search history on Android:
- To disable Recent Search History on Android, go to System Settings.
- Click the Google button below the Accounts subheading.
- Click Search on the Google settings page.
- Now below Privacy & accounts, search for the “Show recent searches” setting and uncheck the box next to it.
3.Does Google keep your search history forever?
No, Google does not keep your search history forever.
Bonus Tip: How to Recover Deleted Data from Android Phone without Backup
Recovering deleted data has now become super easy, thanks to Ultdata for Android. The tool is able to recover all kinds of data and is simple to use. Follow the below methods to know how to recover deleted data.
To start with, download and install the tool on your PC. Open the program on your PC and select Recover Lost Data option on the main screen.
Next, connect your Android phone device using a USB cable.
Now enable USB debugging on your Android phone by following the instruction in the given below image.
Once your phone is connected, you will see the below screen. Click on “Photos” and then tap “Start” to scan your device.
Now, select the data you wish to recover and click Next. The tool will scan all your deleted or lost photos on your Android.
- Once the recovery is done, you will see the successful screen. You also get the option to save the data on your PC.
Having said that, you just had a look at how to recover deleted history on Android phone. There are different solutions that we saw. Using “Web & App Activity” and Google account for data recovery are some of them. Using Ultdata for Android is the best method that users can use. The tool is the best option and users can use it easily to recover their deleted data from Android.