Detailed Guide on How to Transfer Samsung Cloud to OneDrive
Samsung would be winding down Samsung Cloud Drive, Gallery Sync, and Premium Storage by 30th June 2021. If urgent action is not taken by the Samsung users, they may end up losing their data stored on Samsung Cloud.
Once Samsung Cloud is shut down, the My Files features like Drive Sync and Gallery on the Samsung phones will be supported solely by Microsoft’s OneDrive. If you are still using Samsung Cloud, you can follow the different methods given below in order to transfer Samsung Cloud to OneDrive.
- Part 1. Is OneDrive Replacing Samsung Cloud?
- Part 2. How to Transfer from Samsung Cloud to OneDrive?
- Part 3. Tips for Using OneDrive after Samsung Cloud Migration to OneDrive
- Bonus Tip: How to Recover Deleted Phone on Samsung without Backup?
Part 1. Is OneDrive Replacing Samsung Cloud?
As mentioned above, many useful features in Samsung Cloud including Gallery Sync and Drive Storage are being shut down by Samsung.
From 30th June 2021, you will not be able to perform files and images sync with the Samsung Cloud in the US and UK. Also, any existing files that have been stored on Samsung Cloud will be deleted. If you are residing in any other country, the Samsung Cloud service will not stop working for you until 1st June 2021.
Instead, Microsoft OneDrive will now be supporting all the features like Gallery and Drive sync for My Files on all the Samsung phones as well as tablets.
Part 2. How to Transfer from Samsung Cloud to OneDrive?
If you have a Samsung phone, you already might be getting notifications to migrate Samsung Cloud to OneDrive. This was announced in October 2020. If you still have not seen this notification yet, you can follow the steps given below to know how to transfer photos from Samsung Cloud to OneDrive.
- Launch Samsung Cloud and select the three dots to open the menu from the top of the screen.
From the list, tap on “Download My Data” and then tap on “Next”.
Select “Move to OneDrive” option and tap “Confirm”.
- Samsung Cloud will then be migrated to OneDrive.
Few things to note:
- If you are on a cloud storage plan on Samsung Cloud for extra storage, this storage size will be matched for an entire year at no extra charges.
- You can now connect your Samsung Gallery to OneDrive personal accounts only.
- If you are unable to transfer data from Samsung Cloud to OneDrive, you need to contact Samsung’s customer support as soon as possible using your device. You can do this by going to “Settings” > “Accounts and Backup” > “Samsung Cloud” > “More” > “Contact us” > “Error reports ensuring that Send system log data is enabled”.
Part 3. Tips for Using OneDrive after Samsung Cloud Migration to OneDrive
Once you have used the above method to perform Samsung Cloud transfer to OneDrive, you may want to know the different ways in which you can use the OneDrive features. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you get started with using Microsoft OneDrive.
1. How to Sync Samsung Gallery Photos to OneDrive
Since Samsung removed the features of Samsung Cloud like Drive Storage and Gallery Sync, you can still sync Samsung Gallery photos to OneDrive by setting up automatic sync with OneDrive in the following way.
- Launch the Gallery app on your Samsung phone, and then tap “Menu”.
Tap on “Settings”, and then move the switch right next to the option "Sync with OneDrive" in order to enable the automatic sync of photos from Samsung Gallery to OneDrive.
Once done, all your photos and other media files on your Samsung phone’s Gallery will get synced to OneDrive automatically.
2. How to Download Photos and Videos from OneDrive on Samsung
If you wish to download any media files like photos and videos from OneDrive to your Samsung phone or tablet, you can follow the steps given below to do so.
- Launch the OneDrive app on your phone and select the “Photos” tab.
- Select the photos and videos that you wish to download to your Samsung device, and then tap on “Download”.
Tap on “Save to Confirm” after this.
Once done, the media files selected by you will begin downloading on your Samsung phone or tablet.
3. How to Restore Deleted Samsung Photos from OneDrive
While making all these transfers, if you delete a video or photo from OneDrive accidentally, it will still remain safe for 93 days in the Recycle Bin. You can restore any deleted Samsung photo from OneDrive by using the steps given below.
- Launch the OneDrive app on your phone, and then tap on the “Me” tab to find your profile.
- Tap on “Recycle Bin”, and then select the photo you would want to restore.
Tap on the “Restore” icon at the top right corner of your phone.
After this, the photos selected by you will be restored from OneDrive’s Recycle Bin to your Samsung phone.
Bonus Tip: How to Recover Deleted Phone on Samsung without Backup?
Is there any way to recover deleted photos on Samsung without backup? Of course, yes! What you need is a professional tool like UltData for Android to recover deleted data on android devices directly without root.
Run UltData and connect your Android phone with it by using a USB cable. Then choose the Recover Lost Data in the main interface.
Enable USB debugging on your decive by the onscreen wizard.
Once your device is detected, choose the file you want to recover click on "Start" to scan your phone.
After scanning, preview and select the photos you want to recover. Click “Recover” to get them back.
Since the service of Samsung Cloud is being stopped by Samsung, the Samsung phone and tablet users are now required to make the transfer of Samsung Cloud to OneDrive by Microsoft. The above method to make the transfer is very useful to migrate Samsung Cloud to OneDrive. Once the Samsung Cloud OneDrive migration is done, you can use the steps given above to perform some major functions on OneDrive.