3 Verified Methods to Do HTC Backup and Restore
With so many HTC backup and restore methods available, you can easily and quickly make a backup of all your data stored on your HTC phone. The backup methods available let you create backups on the cloud and even locally on your computer.
Here we cover some of those methods to help you make an HTC backup.
- Method 1. Backup and Restore HTC to/from Cloud via HTC Backup
- Method 2. Backup and Restore HTC to/from PC Using HTC Sync Manager
- Method 3. Backup and Restore HTC Phone Using Google Account
- Bonus Tip: How to Recover Data from HTC without Backup?
Method 1. Backup and Restore HTC to/from Cloud via HTC Backup
If your HTC phone runs Android 5.0 or earlier, you can use the HTC Backup option to make and restore backups on your phone. The instructions to use this method are given below.
1. How to backup HTC phone data via HTC Backup and Restore
You can include a variety of data in your backups that are made with this method. The following shows how to backup HTC One or any other HTC phone using this method.
- Download and install HTC backup app.
- Open the HTC Backup app and tap Turn on automatic backup.
- Check the box next to Back up phone daily is selected, and then tap Next.
- Sign in with your preferred cloud service account account.
- On the Cloud storage screen, tap the name of your preferred cloud service, and then tap OK.
Tap Back up now to manually back up your phone. If you want to do a daily backup, make sure the Backup switch is on.
2. How to restore HTC from HTC Backup
Restoring a backup from HTC Backup is as easy as tapping a few options, and the following shows how you do that.
- Select Restore from HTC Backup on HTC backup app.
- Sign in using the same account that you used to back up your phone before. Your backup history will display.
- Select a backup, and then tap Next.
- Sign into any cloud service accounts you used to back up your phone.
Follow the onscreen instructions to restore the backup to your phone.
Method 2. Backup and Restore HTC to/from PC Using HTC Sync Manager
HTC Sync Manager is an HTC backup app that allows you to sync all your phone’s data with your computer and vice versa. The app offers the option to make, manage, and restore backups on your HTC devices.
1. Backup HTC to PC using HTC Sync Manager
If you would prefer this method to backup HTC One, the following steps show how you do that.
- Plug-in your HTC device to your computer via a USB cable.
- Launch HTC Sync Manager on your computer.
Select Home > Transfer & Backup in the app.
- Tick the options depending on what you would like to include in your backup.
Click Back up now to start creating a backup of your device.
2. Restore HTC Backup from PC to Your Phone
If there comes a time when you need your backup’s data back on your device, you can restore one of your backups using the HTC Sync Manager. Here we show how you do that.
- Connect your HTC phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Launch HTC Sync Manager and click Home > Transfer & Backup.
Click the Restore button.
- Choose the backup you would like to restore.
Hit Restore Now to begin restoring the backup on your device.
Method 3. Backup and Restore HTC Phone Using Google Account
If you want to backup HTC One M8 to a cloud storage, Google Drive is a pretty good choice. Since nearly all devices require a Google account, your phone is already half-configured to help you make cloud backups in your Google account.
The following shows how to create and restore backups from Google Drive on an HTC phone.
1. Backup HTC phone data to Google account
The following shows how to backup HTC One M8 to your Google account.
- Launch the Settings app on your phone and tap System > Backup.
Turn on the Back up to Google Drive option.
- Follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
2. Restore HTC phone data from Google account
To restore a Google backup, you need to erase your device and reset it to the factory settings.
Head to Settings > System > Reset options and tap Erase all data (factory reset).
- Start setting up your phone from scratch and sign in to your Google account.
- When prompted, choose your Google backup to be restored on your device.
Bonus Tip: How to Recover Data from HTC without Backup?
The issue with most recovery methods is that you need a backup to restore data from. What if you never made a backup of your HTC phone? How do you go about recovering your lost files?
Well, that is where a tool like Tenorshare UltData for Android comes into the picture. Using this tool, not only can you restore any data on your phone but you can restore your WhatsApp chats as well. This tool is safe, efficient, and easy to use. All your data gets recovered in no time with this tool.
Here we show how you recover your WhatsApp chats with this program.
Launch the aforementioned program and click Recover WhatsApp Data.
Connect your HTC phone to your computer using a USB cable. Enable USB debugging on your device.
Hit Start followed by Yes, I want to continue.
Preview your WhatsApp messages, select the ones to recover, and click Recover.
Whether you are new to HTC or you are a loyal HTC fan, backing up and restoring data on your phone is much easier than you think. The methods above should help you make duplicates of your data that you can use when things go south on your device.Tenorshare UltData for Android is a highly recommended for HTC data recovery tool if you have data lost on HTC without backup.