How to Connect AirPods to Android
by Sophie Green Updated on 2022-01-25 / Update for Android Tips
AirPods are popular because of the extraordinary design, amazing listening experience and easy connectivity. They are also the talk of the town amongst the Android community, which brings us to this article's topic question. Are AirPods compatible with Android? If yes, how to connect AirPods to Android? Read on.
- Part 1: Can AirPods Connect to Android
- Part 2: How to Connect AirPods to Android
- Part 3: Possible Problems&Fixes with AirPods Pairing with Android
- Tip: How to Fix AirPods Not Working with iPhone
Part 1: Can AirPods Connect to Android
Do AirPods work with Android? Yes, AirPods are common amongst Android users and can work with devices that has Bluetooth in it. They are not iOS exclusive. But one does miss out on special features when using AirPods with an Android device. Let's see in detail.
Part 2: How to Connect AirPods to Android
You know that connecting AirPods to iOS devices is very quick and easy, but connecting them to an Android Smartphone is no hassle either. Just follow the instructions below and you can turn up music to have the ultimate experience.
Put your AirPods in the charging case and ensure that your Airpods case is open.
Now at the back of your case, you will find a small setup button. Press it and let the green light on the case turn to flashing white.
Pick up your Android and open Settings. Go to Connections/Connected Devices and locate Bluetooth to turn it on.
- After that, in the available devices, look for your AirPods name. Tap on it to connect.
- Once done, your AirPods will be connected.
Part 3: Possible Problems&Fixes with AirPods Pairing with Android
It is quite possible that you encountered some issue while pairing the AirPods to Android. It’s still nothing to fear as there are many easy and quick things that you can do. Let's discuss some possible problems and how to fix them.
1. AirPods Not Working with Android
Although we know how to connect AirPods to Android above, but it is still possible that AirPods are not working with Androi. In this case, you can:
- Restart your mobile and try pairing again.
- Unpair AirPods from other devices near you.
- Resetting the AirPods, and then go to Bluetooth and connect to your AirPods as explained before.
2. Some AirPods Functions Not Availble
As AirPods are primarily made to work with iOS devices, some cool features may not be available when you use AirPods with an Android. Let us have a look of what is left out.
- For iOS devices, pairing is only a couple of seconds process.
- AirPods can be connected very easily to all iOS devices with the same Apple ID.
- Using AirPods with Apple, you can use Siri for controlling your music or asking questions.
- If you remove one of the AirPods while using, it is detected and the music is stopped.
Related Read: One if the AirPods is not working? How to Fix
3. Not Displaying AirPods Battery
When you open the case of AirPods near your iPhone, a prompt shows you the battery status, but When connected to an Android phone, you cannot check the battery of your AirPods. If keep a track of your AirPods battery is something you want, there are many apps present on the PlayStore. You can download and use any one of them.
Tip: How to Fix AirPods Not Working with iPhone
Although we explain how to pair AirPods to Android, there are more people use iPhone with AirPods. But have you ever find your AirPods not working? If your AirPods works well with other devices but not your iPhone and you have checked all the settings, then there could be something wrong with your iOS system. This can be resolved easily by using Tenorshare ReiBoot.
Follow the steps below to repair iOS system. Doing this, all your phone’s glitches will go away. And what’s best is that no data loss will occur.
Download and install ReiBoot on your PC or Mac. Run the program and connect your iPhone to it using the lightninig fast cable.
Click Start and on the next page select Standard Repair.
Now you will need to download a firmware package of around 5GBs. This takes time depending on your internet connection.
Then start the standard repair. After completion your device will restart.
How to connect AirPods to Android? Although their functionality is a bit limited on Android, still it’s no reason to not have them. And we have introduced the way that can work for you. If you are interested, try it now! Btw, AirPods not working with iPhone will not be a problem with Tenorshare ReiBoot.